Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Add to profile" not showing/can't add playlists to profile

Solved!

"Add to profile" not showing/can't add playlists to profile

Hi!

Since the last update on february 2nd, I can't add any public playlists to my profile. The option "add to profile" doesn't show anymore. I tried switching the playlists public/private/public, log out/log in, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, nothing works. 

I have a Premium plan, version 8.9.10.616

I live in Canada

My device is a Samsung S21 Ultra

Operating System is Android 14, One UI 6

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_20240203_144313_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for confirming @maudemayer! Yep, the fix should be out in 8.9.14, so try updating the app folks!

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

51 Replies

i can’t add one specific playlist, which i’ve created, to my spotify profile also when i click that three dot, add to my profile option doesn’t show up. other than that playlist i don’t have any problem with other, i can add them.

Hi @dwoniee

Please be sure the playlist you're trying to add to your profile is set to public. The 'Add to profile' button does not show up if a playlist is set to private.

For more information, please read this article.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Hi!

Since yesterday, I can't add any public playlists to my profile. The option "add to profile" doesn't show anymore. I tried switching the playlists public/private/public, log out/log in, I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, nothing works. 

I have a Premium plan, version 8.9.10.616

I live in Canada

My device is a Samsung S21 Ultra

Operating System is Android 14, One UI 6

I'm having the exact same problem - just completed a new playlist (thanks to Spotify fixing that other Android playlist bug), but the option 'Add to Profile' has vanished!

I'm kind of relieved to know I am not the only one having this issue 😅 I was going mad thinking it was an issue only on my end, asked even friends to see if they have this issue but on IOS it seems fine. Hoping Spotify's staff will see this post and fix it 🤞🏻

i have the same exact problem! i can remove the playlist if it's already on my profile, but there's no option to add it to my profile 😞 i can private it as well, but the button for adding it to my profile has just disappeared entirely. i have a samsung galaxy flip 4 , and i've reinstalled the app, cleared my cache, everything :-((( oh and i'm also a premium user!

Same situation here😐I tried making my playlist private then back to public but the option to add to my profile did not show. I closed the app then opened again and checked if it required an update (wich it did not). None of it resolved the issue. Gonna try cleaning my cache🤷‍♂️

I tried cleaning my cache also, twice, did not solve the issue 🫤

I didn't mean to type the ♂️... anyways

Ah🙃we shall wait and see then

Hey folks,

Welcome to the Community!

@maudemayer if it's possible, could you try on a different device with your Spotify account to see if the same thing happens there as well? We recommend giving it a go on a PC if you haven't already. 

@JoniCorAnglais could you let us know if this happens only with a specific playlist or different ones and if you've tried any troubleshooting steps and on a different device?

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Me too, I have the same problem. :(((

Hi!

Thanks for your help!

My computer died few weeks ago, so I can only connect through my phone. I asked a friend to connect on my account on her computer. On her computer, the "add to profile" shows. So I presume it's a problem with Android.

I logged out after she logged in through her computer to see if it would change on my phone, but it still doesn't show.

I have checked with several public playlists, mines, some from Spotify, some from friends, it never shows on my phone.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try. Thank you!

i have the same problem

I made the same topic in Android section and there is a Spotify staff that answered today. She asked to log on on a different device. I tried on my computer and the "add to profile" option is there. Only missing on my Android phone, but I mostly listen music via the app on my phone. I guess they'll be checking this out because we are quite a few to have this issue..

Hello.  On the app, none of the playlists in my library have the 'Add to Profile' option (and that option is also missing on playlists which are not in my library).

But when I signed in on our PC, the option was there, and the playlist I added to my profile using the PC also was in my profile on the app.  So all I need now is for that option to be available on the app, and I'll be all set.

My phone is a Galaxy S20 FE 5G, one UI version 5.1, Android version 13.

Thanks for letting us know. I saw it🙂

I liked your comment in that section assuming the moderators can then see who has the problem as well but I guess I should comment.😅

Hi there

Exact same problem here.

I have acess to a computer if need be but I'll just wait for the next update in hopes that it is resolved through that.

The problem is on my Samsung tablet. I have a iPhone and the option to add to my profile is on there - so ya it very much so seems to be just a problem for android devices

Apparently, Spotify removed this feature and now we either set things to private or just show every single new playlist. So lame we can no longer have "invisible" public playlists that we share via a link.

Suggested posts