Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"No more space on this device" and "waiting for download"

"No more space on this device" and "waiting for download"

I've had the same problem dude and I have the same situation except I have a Samsung galaxy S4 and a 128GB SD card and I set my storage to go there and it keeps saying "waiting to download" or "there is not enough space on this device" which is so frustrating because it feels like there was no point in getting a memory card with more space. Sometimes the app will open and stay pitch black. Then the most frustrating is when it does work and I download all of my songs for offline use and sometime later they automatically undownload for some reason and I have to go back and download them all again. It also signs me out automatically when I never signed out in the first place. I really hope spotify sees this and can make an update soon because im losing hope and I really love spotify. It's my place to go for relaxation and chilling out. I don't want to cancel my subscription because I love it so much but it seems that if this keeps ocurring I will have to soon.

-A hopeless customer
1 Reply

Sounds like the issue I had a few months ago. I replaced my SD card and Spotify got happy again. See this thread and this FAQ.

My understanding is that this is more of an Android issue than a Spotify issue. The file system Android uses with SD cards (ExFAT) is poor at recovering from the kind of errors seen on SD cards. Spotify gets confused when SD card errors cause the Spotify data cache to behave strangly.

Suggested posts