Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Songs based on..." changed to "We play recommended Songs for you"?

"Songs based on..." changed to "We play recommended Songs for you"?

Hello,

I just got a quick question:

When I play a Song with no Playlist or Songs in queue, it always played "Songs based on...", songs that were similar to the song I started.

Now it says "We play recommended Songs for you". Is that the same, or has something changed?

Just want to know.

Thank you!

5 Replies

Hi there @Y-Timo_yt,

Thanks for reaching out. While the wording may vary, the functionality should be the same, namely Autoplay. You can also test the song radio function to receive more specific recommendations.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Regards the spotify radio, I can't actually see this under any of my playlists, even the ones created by Spotify (release radar, daily mix etc.?)

I also see quite a variance in the menu options for playlists, are there "types" of playlist that affect these options? This is on Android app.

Screenshot_20230828_222632_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20230828_222657_Spotify.jpg

Hi there @Mattsmithkeele,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

Playlist Radio is no longer available from the context menu. However, radio is still available for individual tracks and artist profiles. You can check out this thread and leave us a comment on what you think about it. 

On another note, the playlist context menu changes if Smart shuffle is on, which is the case in the first screenshot you sent. To see the full context menu, just make sure Smart shuffle is off. You can check how to do it with this info

Hope this clears things up. If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hiw often do these kind of options/functionality get updated then? The comment below linking to the help doc that mentions playlist radio is only a month old? No date on the inaccurate help doc to tell from that...

Hey @Mattsmithkeele,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We always test improvements and new features and this was a change made a few months ago. However, we understand what you're saying about the info on the Support site article sent before and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We’ll get this passed on to the right team.

And although Playlist radio is not available anymore for playlists, you can still enjoy this feature for songs, albums, and artists. We’d love to hear your feedback, so you can post your insights here. Additionally, you can also turn on Autoplay to get recommended tracks after what you listen to ends.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts