Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

songs stays at 0:00 whenever i skip exactly two songs

songs stays at 0:00 whenever i skip exactly two songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Realme GT Master Edition

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Recently been having an issue with playing songs. It just stays at 0:00. No matter how many clean reinstallations I do, it still won't work so please don't recommend that. My phone is up to date, as well as the app. It only seems to work when the songs are downloaded. After a reinstall and logging back in, the app will work again as long as I don't skip, but eventually it stops working first, even if I don't skip the songs. If I do skip, it lets me skip two songs until it stops working again. It's getting pretty frustrating. This is a new phone, so that shouldn't be the issue. 

11 Replies

I've been having a similar problem on my oppo A72, I've been having to force stop the app every time it stops playing. I believe the colorOS system my phone has is extremely similar to the system realme uses, so I'm guessing this could be relevant to what is going on?

I hope Spotify looks into this. Looking at their app reviews, it seems like this specific issue's been an ongoing problem for most users.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

@mabi15 can you let us know the exact Spotify version you have running? Please check if there's any update pending for both your device and the app.

On another note, is this inconvenience present on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

@SomeLobster, can you let us know the exact OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use? We'd like to know if you notice this happening on another device as well.

Folks, just to confirm, is there an external SD card installed on your device?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My operating system is Color OS 11.1 / Android 11.1 (ColorOS runs on top of Android). Spotify version is 8.7.48.1062. I currently do not have an SD installed. Just tried Spotify on my Chromebook and I have the same problem there.

Hello, Novy. I apologize for the late response.

Current version on my phone's 8.7.48.1062.

I tried it using an older phone, a Vivo V11i on android 10. Spotify version 8.7.44.968 and it works perfectly fine.

Now, after doing that, I updated my Spotify on my Vivo phone to the latest version I stated earlier. Unsurprisingly, it stopped working for that phone as well. Which leads me to the assumption that the problem is the current version of the app.

I hope this helps in figuring out what the problem is. Let me know if you need me to try some other troubleshooting steps.

Cheers

Hi there folks,

Thanks for your posts and the information you've shared.

We tried reproducing this on our end with Spotify ver. 8.7.48.1062, but we are able to skip songs multiple times without encountering the issue. 

Can you let us know if this is happening with podcast episodes as well?

Looking forward to your replies.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey Alex,

Happy to hear from you guys. Though I do understand that you're not having the same issue, but it doesn't really change the fact that a lot of users, Premium users, are having the same issue. I hope this gets sorted soon. I've been a subscriber for a year or so, I believe. This is the first time I've encountered any problems with the mobile app.

Anyway, podcasts seem to work normally for me.

Let me know if you need anything else. Cheers

I've been having the same problem. It started a week ago, but I thought it was gonna go away. I deleted the app, made sure it was updated, my memory has space. I use a Samsung A71.

I started a podcast and I can listen to it,but I can't listen music.

😞

Hola buenas tardes, presentamos el mismo problema. Tenemos plan premium familiar y todos los usuarios del plan tenemos el error. Sucede lo mismo desde la version web.

Tenemos Spotify versión 8.7.52.1010

Por favor solicitamos su apoyo debido que no podemos hacer el uso adecuado de la app el cual es paga.

De antemano gracias!

Updated my app to the latest version 8.7.52.1010, still the same problem.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the replies and the info shared.

Looks like you might be experiencing this Ongoing Issue. The right folks at Spotify are currently looking into what might be causing this and for a fix.

It's best if you subscribe to the thread I've linked and add your +Vote to stay notified for any development. 

As this is affecting a lot of users from the last few days we hope it will get resolved quickly.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts