Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

thanks to this awesome bug, spotify gets so **bleep**ing slow it hurts!!

thanks to this awesome bug, spotify gets so **bleep**ing slow it hurts!!

Plan

Free and Premium it doesn't matter

Device

samsung galaxy whatever

Operating System

(Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Sometimes i just want to play music like a human being would do. I open spotify and that piece of junk won't load anything.
it has happened lots of times over the previous year, even when i was paying for premium and the only solution is to simply reinstall the app and redownload all music and redo all settings, which is something very fun to do instead of listening to music.

• What to do? you should have debloated this shitty app, before trying to develop spotify LITE, because nobody would need**bleep** if the main app wasn't so full of junk. Also, why the **bleep** is spotify lite limited to several countries only? cheap phones and slow networks exist in the rest of the world, too!

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

9 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

You mention that nothing would load when launching Spotify. Just to confirm, did you see an error message when this happened? If so, it'd be a good idea sharing it here so we can take a closer look - just make sure that no private or sensitive info is displayed.

We'd also recommend taking a look at the steps provided here.

Further, it'd be helpful if you could check if this happened when connecting to a different internet connection. If the issue didn't persist when using a different network or with 3G/4G data, we'd suggest contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

Since you mention that a reinstallation usually did the trick, we'd additionally suggest making sure that:

• Spotify is set as an except for any cache clearing or battery optimization apps like Sleeping apps.
  • If you're using an SD card, try removing it to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, it'd be a good idea checking it for errors. You can find more info on doing this from your card's manufacturer.

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Please roll out Spotify Lite in the UK as quickly as possible. It shouldn't matter about whether people have 'older' phones or not. If people are paying for Spotify, then they should be able to use it to the best of its capabilities regardless of their set up.

I often have problems, that I will describe as 'lagging', on two different phones and my laptop. It's infuriating. Sometimes I press pause on a song and it takes a minute to catch up, or I skip to the next song, nothing happens, so I try again, then it skips a couple, and I end up going back and forth between songs until it decides it can catch up.

here's additional info, sorry for the cumbersome attitude in my post, but this issue is as infuriating as it gets.

there is no error message, just the endless spinning green circle. I've looked around the app but there's no tool to share the log data of the app, and unfortunately, now it's too late as i have reset the data on it already and reverted it back to normal

This bug simply acts a disease, once the app gets "infected" it starts to act very slow. The last contact i had with the Spotify app before the "disease" was several hours before, when i was listening, then i paused or popped my headphones out and carried on with something else. When i opened spotify later, every menu i was opening, including settings, took a very long time to load. Next morning, main menus were somewhat loaded up and i could finally play some music, but it had a large latency and every command like skip, pause etc were taking like 10 seconds to work and i couldn't manage my music lists at all.

Force stopping the app, cleaning cache and restarting the device were not helping at all.

The only solution is either deleting app data or reinstalling it which is a very cumbersome process.

I didn't try to log out of my account, but basically it was the same option as deleting app data from phone system.

There was an update waiting in play store, but after instalation it still worked the same.

The app was working fine on both desktop and android tablet. I didn't check my phone storage for any shortages, but i wasn't getting any warnings from my phone anyways, i delete my photos all the time. 

Deleting spotify data removes my settings (which are not attached with my account for some reason), homescreen shortcuts and several ties Spotify has with the system such as adding exceptions for battery optimization or data saver which i have to remember and fiddle with every time. This issue keeps happening since the spring as far as i remember, when i was a paying subscriber, which was even more painful as this also added the time to redownload all music.

To my shame, i didn't try to connect to wifi but i doubt it would help. Everything else was working.

I'll bookmark this page and will check in the future if the "disease" ever kicks back in.

And yes! i am using an sd card, and i had about 5 gb of cache stored on it, which i have cleaned from Spotify settings, and didn't help with my issue. 

i've got the disease again.

simply logging out of my account does not fix it. i will remove the sd card and see how it goes

apparently the fix is simply deleting the spotify folder in the sd card.

will try this directly next time i get the disease

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

This sounds like an issue with your device's SD card. In this case, we'd recommend making sure that:

• It's formatted as portable
  • It's not formatted as internal memory/adoptable storage
  • It's not encrypted

It'd also be a good idea double checking that your device isn't listed more than once here. If it is, you'll also need to remove it every time you delete the folder in your SD card. This is so the cache won't be duplicated and cause any further delays.

You can also give it a try using a different SD card to see if that helps.

We'll be keeping an eye out for any updates. Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hey there @Paulrawnerve,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Unfortunately, Spotify Lite isn't available in the United Kingdom at the moment. However, if this is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and starting a new idea there.

You can also read more about how the Ideas Exchange works and ideas get implemented in this Spotify Answer

As for issues with the app on your devices, are they all connected in the same internet connection? If so, it'd be a good idea trying a different internet connection to see if the issue persists there as well. 

If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be a good idea performing a clean reinstallation of the app on each of your devices following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

"It'd also be a good idea double checking that your device isn't listed more than once here."

Shouldn't Spotify do this automatically and remove the folder itself when this issue arisen, instead of going through another awful process to fix this?

I removed all my devices. Cancelled premium long ago anyway.

"Spotify Lite isn't available in the United Kingdom at the moment. However, if this is something you'd like to see in the future, we'd recommend heading over to our Ideas Exchange and starting a new idea there"

Nonsense, no wonder the Ideas Exchange is so overwhelmed with stuff, and no actual good idea ever gets implemented. Nobody from the Spotify Lite team will get the message.

Why is it limited to this so few countries? Isn't it just a rewritten copy of Spotify? Why wouldn't it work in all the countries where Spotify already exists?

I get the purpose of this app, but it was fulfilled way too late.

Developing countries are aleady populated with cheap, powerful phones and huge data packages; meanwhile, in most Europe and USA, the data is much more expensive, even for the average consumer.

Also, everyone there is not upgrading their phone every year, some stick with their old flagship and some are opting for cheaper alternatives for basic needs, which have a lower performance than all these high-performance phones that are selling like crazy in the developing countries.

And third, the main Spotify app is simply way too complicated and sometimes, pure **bleep**, and i believe the Spotify Lite could be a better alternative, if it includes high quality music, with none of the other**bleep**. So make the right decision and make this app available for everyone.

Suggested posts