Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Hissing/static when listening.

Hissing/static when listening.

So I have an issue when listening to the desktop Spotify app I on and off hear hissing/static that follows the bass/melody of the specific song. I am using wireless pro artic Steelseries headphones and the hissing/static is definitely from the spotify app since everything else music, movies, other apps games sounds perfect. I am running win 64, all drivers, win updates are the latest including spotify, Steelseries. I have tried every single setting in both spotify and the steelseries app (switching on/off etc). Nothing works. Ive also removed all the sounddrivers from the computer and reinstalled these. Also I have paired/unpaired the headphones from their hub and disconnected/connected the hub and tried to even reset this I have also tried all these "solutions" people on the community have had success with in the same error and still no solution for me.anyone share this problem and or have a solution?.

8 Replies

Hey @RaiderX,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Can you please send us a few examples of songs where you've noticed this behavior? Also, have you tested the exact same songs with a different service like YouTube for example? Does the issue occur on the web player as well?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

As previously mentioned in my post everything works fine except Spotify, that includes youtube, other streaming services etc 

Songs are bad bunny where she goes and Waterfall by Michael Schulte to name two but there are tons of songs that has the static

Hey @RaiderX,

Thanks for your reply.

If this is the only Bluetooth device you're having issues with, we'd recommend reaching out to your device manufacturer to check if there are any device or system settings that might be causing this behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Its not Bluetooth even though cordless and since spotify is the only app that causes this problemb I doubt its a manufacturing issue. Ive also read countless of topics here on the forum with people having the same issue with other manufacturers.

Hey @RaiderX,

Check if installing Spotify from a different source fixes this: for example, if you downloaded the app from our website, try the one from the Microsoft Store instead, and vice-versa.

If you use any sound enhancements (including the built-in Spotify EQ) try disabling them temporarily to see if it makes a difference.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This has been a known problem for over 10 years with Spotify. You can go onto any forum about this topic and you will see hundreds if not thousands of people complaining about static. Why is Spotify not fixing this?

Static happens randomly, it doesn't matter the song, and it happens on every device. It happens on my Roku, in my car, on my laptop, and on my iPhone

Hello people, I'm experiencing audio glitch and static when I am connected to Bluetooth. IDK what's going on but I am on my new chromebook for my schoolwork. I don't really know what's going on but I would love some help

Hi I am also experiencing the same thing!

Suggested posts