Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Make panels, that have a scrollbar, moveable using arrow keys!

Make panels, that have a scrollbar, moveable using arrow keys!

It's so annoying: There is a panel of e.g. playlists and there is a scrollbar at the right side. So you think you can scroll using your typical arrow key. Put nope - it's not working.
It's scrolling by mouse/finger. So should not be a big deal to get the arrwos keys up/down working there too as the keys are not used to any other action.

4 Replies

Hey there @tuxlinux,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

The arrow keys should be working the way you describe, only thing is that you'd need to click first on the Spotify desktop app's section to make sure this is the active window for your OS to focus on. Then the arrow keys should be able to control the said scrollbar and also using the Tab key you should be able to switch the focus between the internal sections of the app. 

It's also worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and clears possible cache-related issues.

In case the tips above don't help in your situation, please send us a short screen recording and complete info about your Spotify version and your desktop platform (be sure to include the exact OS name and version as well). 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There is no arrow on Spotify scroll bars...

Untitled-2.png

Hey @oppej

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Keep in mind that in order to control the scrollbar with the up/down arrows on your keyboard, you need to click anywhere in the desktop app first. You should also be able to change between sections with the Tab key. 

If this doesn't work on your end, just to confirm, have you tried what @Kiril suggested previously? 

If so, could you send us a screen recording of what you're experiencing on your end? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info.

Also, make sure to send us the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you Eni.
Appreciate your contact.
My comment was about the lack of arrow keys at the top and bottom of the scrollbar. I didn't quite work out from this post that the keyboard arrow keys do a comparable job... All working OK.
Cheers

Suggested posts