Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Add/remove a song from your liked songs with the press of one button! (heart icon)

Please, can we go back to the user’s having the ability to add/remove a song from your liked songs with the press of one button? It’s down right frustrating that we have to now press three different buttons to do this one simple and critical task. The “heart” symbol on the screen in the bottom corner of the song playing was perfect. No idea why this changed, or how on earth I’m the only user to be inconvenienced to the point of taking the time to write this post lol.   

Updated on 2023-09-17

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Vasil
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-14

Hello @stevo011 and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Jegeorge

Came here to post this exact thing. It's so odd, I feel like all the recent UI/UX changes have just been throwing stuff at the wall with no actual thought behind it and seeing what sticks. The design of a music player was mastered like two decades ago, I don't know why so much reimagining of the metaphorical wheel has been called for. Don't get me wrong, some changes over the years have been nice, but most of the times when a new feature is introduced, it feels more like a justification for a group of engineers to keep their jobs than a new feature that grew out of organic desire. I would really love to talk to whoever thought this was a good idea and try to understand the rationale behind this change.

kemcpeak42

I don’t know what the vote threshold is for this to get taken seriously, but I do know I’m a huge Spotify user and I never knew this suggestion community existed. So it would be great if we could just assume that everyone hates this change. How could you not? There is no longer any visual feedback of songs you’ve liked, and extra steps were added to the UI. Extra steps has never been a good idea in the history of UI. What we had was perfection. 

I only came looking for it because of how bad this change was haha. The hearts need to be a permanent fixture of the app. Or a thumbs up, or a “Liked!” I don’t care. 

But a visual signal needs to exist that you have touched the song in some way. Having to navigate menus to check that status is a massive pain point for the user.

a button was great, sliding was fine, i don’t care which. But the icon needs to be ON the song.

kemcpeak42

Hey JeJeorge, make sure you vote for the suggestion and get that vote count up! 

danjuando

I actually prefer this feature. I think it's perfect for people who love make lots of playlists and add/remove songs constantly. At the very least, I absolutely love that the new format shows you which playlists contain the song, which the desktop version is absolutely missing.

Yeah, it adds one click if you want to remove a liked song, but adding the song is still as easy as before. Plus, you get to see what playlists contain the song when you're removing it from your liked, so you can completely remove it from all if you want. I think it's perfect.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-17

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

marcosegala

please don't change it, it's perfect like this... I thought this new mechanism was brilliant... it's really functional, easy and practical. I'm very happy and grateful for the change

Claybot

you also could do this with playlist too! so you could set up a main playlist and there be a button to be able to add/remove a song while playing it 

zerveaux

beyond needed. the current UI is atrociously awful to use

Fred_Wednesday

I really miss the heart button - why can't there just bee 2 buttons? a plus and a heart button? then everyone is happy