Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

DISLIKE BUTTON

If i hate a song, then I don't want to hear it ever again. All of us run into this on an hourly basis. Every single day. Why in the world cant we dislike (or thumb down) a song to remove it from existence? Why do you torture us by playing songs we don't want to hear?

There is a "hide" option (only on mobile), and its playlist specific. The desktop version doesn't even have this somewhat-useless feature.

So I vote for a universal dislike button. No playlist limitations. No desktop vs mobile limitations. No buttons hidden in submenus. Just a simple, easily accessible button that can eliminate our headaches once and for all.

Updated on 2023-10-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Luan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-10

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Spotify Ideas Exchange.

Your suggestion has been marked as a New Suggestion and will be reviewed by the Spotify staff once it receives enough votes. We appreciate your contribution and look forward to your continued support of this idea!

playmusicta

As a recent paying member of Spotify, I am a little incredulous a "not like" button is nowhere to be found.
How can you construct and offer effective playlists by ignoring songs a person really doesn't like?
So 'interruptus', each time comes up! Stop, yawn, go to button, skip - **bleep** annoying for a supposed hi-tech app.
You can't even delete it from playlist.
Please get one going..

jameseblack

We REALLY need this, especially with your awful DJ. 

31ygtoseecqlwh25wqgz

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP prodesk

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am on Windows 10 and I want to hide a song so I don't have to hear it in the Spotify playlists but I don't know how to. This also extends to wanting to hide songs in albums, I can't find a way to do it. I have seen "solutions" of using a mobile device to hide songs but I want to know how to do that on Windows 10.

zerocontrast

This is definitely needed. I can't believe there's not even a 'Hide' button on desktop. And despite using the Spotify for years, I only recently realized the 'Hide' option was playlist specific, so if you go to play the rest of the album it's still there.

Additionally this should apply to artists too. There is a 'Don't play this artist' option, but you can still see all the artists music, so occasionally you still come across their songs. "Don't play this artist" ought to work like blocking someone on social media where they're just gone.

razray71

And it needs to apply to podcasts as well.

I can’t be held responsible for what awful and unholy things I may do if I awake to Roseanne Barr’s voice in the middle of the night one more time just because I idiotically chose to listen to one episode of her podcast one time.  As I take the stand in the sensationalistic trial that results, I will point to Spotify as the perpetrator, and while it may not hold water with the judge, the legal fees and negative media will cost Spotify more than the development of a simple feature.

Yes, I could use the sleep timer but I actually want podcasts episodes that I like AND FOLLOW to auto play.

Lookie here, I’ve done the analysis for you on some simple autoplay logic:

1. Only auto play podcast episodes for podcasts I follow

or

2. Do not auto play podcast episodes for podcasts that I give a poor one star rating (or some other way to indicate it was not for me rather than you holding me to my unfortunate play history for the rest of my life)

i would even accept allowing me to keep auto play on for music but turn off for podcasts, even though that’s not optimal.  Just give me something, anything, to keep me from hearing that woman one more time.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-10-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

Luckyml

Sometimes is available sometimes no xD 
Spotify do sth, it is really annoying^^^ 

Luckyml_0-1698759051455.png

SussyBlu1

just to let people know thr are other posts like this with way more likes and still has not been implemented 

it was about a year ago 2022 november they removed it 

thewalrus8

I just found something, which could have been there all along, but I didn't know about. If you go to an artist's page and hit the 3 vertical dots beside the 'FOLLOW', you will see several options. One of them is: 'don't play this artist'. So that is all I need. After clicking that I don't see music from that artist anymore.

Hope that helps. Enjoy.

1000018477.png