Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Instant play on watch speakers

When trying to play music on a smartwatch (Galaxy Watch 5 Pro and earlier) it always goes to the Bluetooth settings which is extremely frustrating. I want it to be easy to play directly from the speakers which sometimes is possible tho if one skip a couple of songs or start using the phone and there choose smart watch speakers. 

Updated on 2023-09-13

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Joan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-07-18

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

fbs4800

How on earth is this having to be classed as a "new" suggestion? I could do this on my Gear S3 when it was launched in 2016. 😳

It's absolutely ridiculous that you can't play music on your watch if you want to.

"Progress". 🤣

SpaceSaver

This is an issue that affects the function of the Wear OS app.  Many Wear OS devices have onboard speakers, and yet Spotify requires that a bluetooth headset be connected in order to play music directly on the watch within the Spotify app for Wear OS.  Workarounds for this issue include the ability for Spotify Premium subscribers to hand off the currently playing song to the Wear OS device and then press play on the phone or any other Spotify player.  This results in music coming out of the onboard speaker of the Wear OS watch.  The only issue with this is that when the media is paused it will continue sending the user back to the connect a bluetooth speaker screen when they attempt to resume the music from the watch.  The user will then instead have to open Spotify on another device connected to their account to resume the music on the watch from there.  This is incredibly inconvenient.  Another workaround found for music, but that does not work for podcasts, is that one can choose to skip to the next song which will automatically start playing.  This button is absent in the podcast player part of Spotify on Wear OS.  When skipping to the next song it will allow the music to start playing through the watch's onboard speaker.  The play button is still broken, so I guess you aren't going to be hearing the rest of the song that you were rudely interrupted in the middle of and had to pause.  This is a real issue that I imagine could be fixed simply by removing the check for whether a bluetooth device is connected.  Although please do correct me if I am wrong and there is something else preventing this from working.

I've had my Watch 5 Pro for a while now, and I love playing music thru Spotify. But oh my god I hate that stupid bluetooth junk 

AzagThoth

just upgraded from galaxy watch 1 to the 5 pro. gw1 you.could listen with watch speaker. there is a workaround on the GW5pro you can start music with spotify app playing on phone then switch to the generic media app and tap the icon of the phone and switch it to watch and voolah it will play on watch speaker.

AzagThoth

never-ending looks like that is no longer working... even more reason to get spotify to fix their app!

kukunamuniu_pl

I can choose the desktop app, select the smartwatch from connected device, and play music from the smartwatch's speaker... it's not like you don't have access to the speaker, come on.

AzagThoth
I belive they were saying the just would like to be able to chose watch in
the spotify watch app and have it play through watch like the tizen version
of the spotify app works instead of watch forcing you to chose a Bluetooth
device or use a work around.
Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-13

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

2crt

Also annoys me. Thanks for suggesting.