Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile][Playlists] Bring back the Enhance playlist feature

I understand that you replaced the "enhance playlist" button with 'Smart Shuffle'. The smart shuffle feature is a massive step back from how easy and useful the enhance feature was at finding new music to add to a playlist. The feature still exists on PC and laptop versions of spotify but it really needs to make a return to the phone app. 

Smart shuffle requires you to go to the playlist ques to see what was added instead of just showing you the songs that were added in the playlist. Please fix this feature!!

Updated on 2023-10-09

We appreciate your contribution to the Ideas Exchange. However, it seems that your suggestion has not yet garnered enough votes to remain active on the board.

To maintain an overview of the active ideas, we have decided to update your suggestion status to Closed - Not Enough Votes for now. Please note that this does not indicate a rejection of your idea by Spotify.

If you stay passionate about your request, we encourage you to continue promoting it to accumulate more popularity. Other users can still vote and comment to show their support.

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-04-10

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

sairaj

Please bring this feature back, the main reason I prefer this instead of the smart shuffle is the visibility, I immediately get to see my new suggested songs, where as for smart shuffle there are many problems.

1. Number of clicks increased to see what are the recommendations.
  2. it’s not intuitive what should be clicked to enable the smart shuffle (the toggle shuffle essentially now has 3 states and it sucks).
  3. Music discovery and visibility is greatly reduced because it is tucked under 2 to 3 further clicks.
mitch133

I was just telling my friends about how great this feature was and I couldn't find it on my iphone anymore. At first I thought it was only available on Android but from what I'm reading I understand it's been replaced with something completely different. What a shame. I would suggest, if it wasn't used enough, maybe it was due to a lack of communication and a very discrete button... But please, bring it back again, it's just non sense you removed it...

SavanahLynn

I don't like Smart Shuffle. I can't tell what new songs are being added to the playlist. With the "Enhance Playlist" button, it was easy to see the suggested songs and sometimes I'd even add them to my queue to listen sooner. They were very easy to add to my playlists. Please put the Enhanced Playlist button back. The old button was very user friendly and this new replacement is not. As the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-06-12

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

pokeherhontas

When I press vote it doesn’t register and it still sits on 58, I tried in Ecosia and in Chrome. I hope this hasn’t happened for other users too as the count would likely be higher.

abjecttestament

Getting really annoying to get caught up in these constant A/B tests and poor UX decisions, and then we're told to find to the forum and beg to get the good UX back. You need less project managers trying to justify their existence. 

judsonmgeorge

Yes. Smart shuffle is a MAJOR step back from Enhance. Please change it back. 

mikeman007

I agree with everyone here, bring back Enhance mode

Kristjan-T

I think Enhance should definitely stay a separate feature.

While I do like Smart Shuffle, I think in terms of creating playlists, Enhance is simpler to use. If I want to listen to a playlist I've created and also get some similar songs, Smart Shuffle works great! When it comes to actually modifying the playlist, however, I think Enhance is better - I immediately see the added songs, the "+" and "-" buttons help to filter out the songs I don't want to hear and in general, it's much quicker than going in the queue and doing it somewhat blindly.

Conclusion: Both features are great and should not replace each other. Please make Enhance available as well as Smart Shuffle.