Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

SharePlay for Carplay

Apple Music added a feature where everyone in the car can connect to a SharePlay and put a song on the queue for the aux, Everyone who has Spotify if they want to play a song on the aux, you all should add a SharePlay so everyone can put a song they want on the aux.

Updated on 2023-09-28

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
Dian
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-08-31

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

rodolfobortolin

It's definitely something that will make me switch to Apple Music. My wife is in the backseat with the kids and there is always that "skip that song" which drives me crazy! At the same time, I need Waze on the screen. So now this is a must-have feature! Come on guys, hurry up! 

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-28

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

GeorgiP

Hey, guys, the new Jam feature kind of is doing this, letting others control the queue, add, skip, all of it. Its really cool. The only thing missing now is some convenient interface for the Jam feature in CarPlay. The scan a QR code to join is quite a convenient option for the car, but also allow them to join if they are in bluetooth range is also quite a nice way. Being on the same WiFi network will not be convenient for a car, as you need the cellphone data on the phone running the CarPlay, so joining any WiFi will interfere with that.

So, guys, please just add interface for the Jam feature in CarPlay, sounds like an easy task.

whatta

Yes please. I really want this for road trips when we rotate the ownership of the playlist. I hate needing to hand over my wired phone just for selecting the next song. Please. Thanks 

dslibby

You will loose all your CarPlay users to Apple Music if you don’t add this fast. Delay at your peril Spotify, make it a top priority! Now!

i just moved from apple music to spotify as the ui is still meh, but i admit the shareplay feature was great it would be great to see this feature on spotify hopefully before lossless arrives whenever that is

travls

Would this functionality work if both users don’t have premium? I’d love to connect to my dad’s car and play music using this feature but he doesn’t have a premium account and I feel like paying for 2 for this feature would be dumb. Hopefully if this is implemented it isn’t overly paywalled.

abaratavoadora

This should be a must, no questions asked. It's a real world problem for all carplay users and music/travel addicts.