Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WE NEED PURE SHUFFLE!

As many would have noticed, shuffle mode is not 100% random, as it depends on the popularity of the song, your last listen.

But I believe shuffle mode should be fully random, and then make a new setting called "enhanced shuffle" with those variables.

I absolutely love this app, but the one thing that's keeping it from being my favorite streaming service is this shuffle feature that only plays popular, and replayed songs. it infuriates me that the algorithm doesn't purely represent my/our music, and I desire to just turn off the app when songs constantly repeat.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
SamuelMendlowitz

A system in which the shuffling is completely random would be amazing. A great addition would be if the user has the option to set a weight (let’s say 1,2, or 3) allowing for their favorite songs to play a bit more often but not for any one song to get played over and over like in the current system.

ChrisPine

People have been complaining about this for like 6 years? They must have some reason for ignoring thousands of their paying users who have been asking for this, something so easy to change back. (My guess is that they have some kind of financial incentive to push certain songs over others.)

They will never change this.

SamuelMendlowitz
I figure that much, but if people are paying for premium they should have
some say on the matter.
DOGGOくん
This absolutely pains me to hear. I made a switch to Deezer, which so far
is an AMAZING app and truly competes with spotify, and its way more focused
on discovering music. And premium is about the same charge for a duo
account;14.99.
I might make a complete switch and just use spotify for my collected
playlists. im really enjoying the app so far.
technj
Thanks for the deezer mention.  I would say it was missing about 5% of my tracks from various playlists but so what.  I'll probably switch too.  I like the mood option and the quizzes.
teollo

there are many thread in this forum about this issue. but spotify does not care.

relax everybody,,,,,,,,,,

Mitre226644

Good news bad news, guys. 

Bad news first: Pure randomness is not scientifically possible via AI. YET.

But don’t lose hope. 

Recent studies have suggested complete randomness is possible, but it is a topic of philosophical and scientific debate. When looking at this at the subatomic level, Quantum mechanics suggests that certain phenomena may be truly random, but this is not yet been verified. So, long story short, we’re currently working our way towards Spotify shuffle from protons, neutrons, and electrons. 🤞🤞🤞.

Good news: There isn’t a diabolical scheme that Spotify is deploying to ruin your lives. In fact, with a bit of reflection, you may find that this function isn’t mandated, so with some ingenuity and self-motivation, you can avoid it. 

Ezaara

There is a feature inside the setting settings where you can turn on recommended shuffle which is a shuffle that shows you songs you've been listening to recently

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

BramvdSommen

At least give us an option to change the shuffle behavior to our liking if there are different preferences by users:100% random shuffle/least listened shuffle/most listened shuffle