Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Web Player] Friend Activity on web player

Bring the Friend Activity feature where you can see what your Spotify friends have been listening to the past couple of hours from the desktop app to the web player.

Also put it in a reserved area or button so that I don't have to make the window suuuuuuper wider just to see the feed on the side.

This has been requested before but I still think there is enough interest for this to get more than 100 kudos.

That's how the Friend Activity pane looks on the desktop client:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 12.14.52.png

The web client does miss this Friend Activity view:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 12.20.38.png

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
Evanbro

This is really useful especially for people that work on Chromebooks!

komi-ca
  1. Yes could we really get this on the mobile app and web browser versions 
JoDo_

Why can't this be enabled? It's 2021!

lucesita2020

Come on spotify!! Its a new year we should be able to also see Friends feed on web player

I don't understand why this is hard to understand. Specially during a pandemic. Compared to the office, we can listen to music at home. However, most employers restrict software installation onto their remote computers. The only option is the web player. Make the web player more robust. We want to be able to see our friends activity in the web player.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2021-05-08

Hey! Looks like that your idea is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and I hope it continues to be supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your idea. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

MoodyBluez

would this be on chromebook too?

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-14

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

cieramarrie

Please bring spotify friend activity list to chromebooks/web player!!!

josu_ps13

I knew Friend Activity was available in Desktop, and I tried to activate it on the Web Player but I felt disappointed when I discovered that it is not possible. I don't see a reason why not to add the option in the Web Player. I would really love the possibility.