Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[iOS][iPadOS][macOS] Support for interactive playback widget

Hi, in the new iOS 17/iPad OS/Sonoma update Apple is adding support for interactive widgets. I would love if you could experiment with adding this feature to Spotify as it isn’t currently supported. 

The widget could come in multiple sizes, ranging from a simple pause button to a full album cover, upcoming music and the ability to scroll in a song or podcast for the big screens.

EDIT: Thanks for the support, remember to like the idea, so we can get this feature implemented 😁!

Updated on 2023-09-19

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
MihailY
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-13

Hello @Emil_Beck_Aagaard,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea

once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

marcosegala

I just updated to ios 17 and I definitely need it, I'm hoping it happens

Mr_Puncake

Yes, this would be amazing and a really cool and nifty feature! 

mvbalan

Really need every Spotify user on iOS 17 to upvote this!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-09-19

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Speedyboi
Please add this feature asap!
Dr_hammock

Whilst you’re at it I feel like this is a good time to finally revisit adding iOS Shortcuts integration. It’s long overdue!

Bastizor

This feature is definitely needed.

PhenomenaPh1

This will be a great idea! Especially when you turn on stand by mode on iphone!

jnmessier31

Why aren’t Spotify keeping an eye on the apple events and features upcoming? We’ve known interactive widgets were coming months before iOS 17 was released, so why wasn’t this feature ready to go as soon as iOS 17 launched? Shouldn’t take your community to bring OS updates to the devs attention!