Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Asking Alexa to play Spotify Discover Weekly playlist not working (sort of)

Asking Alexa to play Spotify Discover Weekly playlist not working (sort of)

I recently got a new Echo Studio (previously had an Echo Dot last year).

With the Echo Dot I used to be able to say "Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify" and it would work every time.

Now when I say that to the Echo Studio, it plays a Discover Weekly playlist I'd saved from December 2017.

So when I say "Alexa, play my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify" it responds saying "Discover Weekly the 4th of December 2017 from Spotify".

What/how do I phrase my request to get it to play the current weekly Discover Weekly playlist?

PS - I usually really like my Discover Weekly playlists most weeks, so I will save them as a permanent playlist in my playlists list and name them by the week they came out. I have dozens of these saved, going all the way back to 2016. So I'm not sure why it's defaulting to "Discover Weekly 4 December 2017"?

2 Replies

I am experiencing the same thing. I used to be able to say "Alexa, play discover weekly" and it would be fine. Now when I say that it defaults to my 'Discover Weekly Archive' Playlist where I offload each week's songs into.

When I try change my 'Discover Weekly Archive' playlist name to something else like just 'Archive' and then say "Alexa, play discover weekly" it says: "Playing Archive". So clearly it has decided that there is a link between that particular playlist and the phrase 'discover weekly' even if it isn't even named anything remotely similar to that.

I tried re-linking Spotify to Alexa and that didn't help either.

Yes that is exactly the issue I am having...

Suggested posts