Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

DJ and/or kids mode so that songs played while activated don’t contribute to your algorithm

DJ and/or kids mode so that songs played while activated don’t contribute to your algorithm

I play songs for my kids and for friends on occasion that I would prefer not be included in the algorithm that suggests artists or adds songs to my personalized playlists. Having a mode to turn off the “tracking” at specific times would be helpful 

1 Reply

Hey @AveBruce,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we'd like you to know there's a feature that works as you describe in your suggestion. When Private Session is on, any songs that are listened to won't be used by the algorithm to personalize playlists Made For You.

You can activate the Private Session feature to specifically prevent certain listening activity from being taken into account in general terms. You can read more about it and how to enable/disable this feature in this article.

Now, if this existing feature doesn't fit with what you have in mind, feel free to post your idea again, highlighting how it is different from what is already possible in the app. Keep in mind you have to follow our Ideas Exchange Guidelines. That way, your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts