Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Is the queue when shuffling dynamic until I watch it?

Solved!

Is the queue when shuffling dynamic until I watch it?

I'm just curious if the queue stays dynamic, thus the songs that play next can change, until I look at the queue, because obviously once you looked at it you expect to hear it in that order. Basically as long as I didn't look at it I have no expectation, so spotify could adjust the songs based on what I'm currently listening to. Is this a thing? Haha

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @blauesauto,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification. 

When you press the Shuffle button in any of your playlists (including liked songs), the system will create an "order" for the incoming songs that you can check in the queue. This "shuffled order" doesn't change when the app is in the background. However, if you want to change the "shuffled order" of the tracks, you just need to hit the Shuffle button twice and the system will generate a new "shuffled order" for the incoming tracks.

The only action that resets the queue, is if you change the device during the playback. In those cases, the system will set a new "shuffled order" including songs that may already be played in the previous device. 

Hope this answers your questions. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @blauesauto!

If you have Autoplay toggled on in the app's settings, then yes, Spotify will automatically generate a new queue when the old one ends. The songs in the new queue will be based on your music taste. This process repeats until you stop playback or close Spotify completely.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Excuse me Sir, but you got my question wrong, I was asking if, let's say I shuffle my liked songs, the order is fixed from the second I press shuffle or, if Spotify changes it up in the background as long as I don't look at the queue. This would make sense to play similar music to the one I'm not skipping and readjust the order if it makes sense.
Marked as solution

Hey @blauesauto,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the clarification. 

When you press the Shuffle button in any of your playlists (including liked songs), the system will create an "order" for the incoming songs that you can check in the queue. This "shuffled order" doesn't change when the app is in the background. However, if you want to change the "shuffled order" of the tracks, you just need to hit the Shuffle button twice and the system will generate a new "shuffled order" for the incoming tracks.

The only action that resets the queue, is if you change the device during the playback. In those cases, the system will set a new "shuffled order" including songs that may already be played in the previous device. 

Hope this answers your questions. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts