Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mobile] Play from folder feature removed

[Mobile] Play from folder feature removed

Hi there - it's great that we can play/ shuffle a folder on a desktop but really annoying that you can't on an iphone (you used to be able to). For example I have a folder with hundreds of jazz playlists inside - I used to be able to shuffle that folder if i wanted to listen to some jazz. this feature was removed from spotify a while back, the response being "you could just make a playlist with all the jazz on". yes, that's possible but what heppens if you decide one day that you dont like a particular album/ playlist any longer? in the previous mode you could just bin that playlist from the jazz folder. but if you had all your jazz on a playlist you'd have to tediously remove each track. Dear Spotify - when will you restore the ability to shuffle a folder on a phone? Thanks, Ed

1 Reply

Hey there @edvenner,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

We hope you don't mind us moving your post as it fits better here in a new thread.

We really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this and for all your honest insights. We know you’d like to make the best out of your listening experience. We’d like you to know others miss this feature too, so they posted some ideas about it. We’ve located some of them:

You can go ahead and vote for them and subscribe to get notified as soon as we get more info to share. Take into account that even though the status is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement those, it doesn't mean the ideas have been rejected.

You can also go ahead and post your own idea, but make sure to follow our Ideas Exchange Guidelines, so others can find your idea easily and show their support.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts