Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Multi-Room Music w/ Amazon Echo Link Devices Stopped Working

Multi-Room Music w/ Amazon Echo Link Devices Stopped Working

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Amazon Echo Link Amp (3 of them)

Operating System

N/A

My Question or Issue

Recently (just noticed today) that any of my Alex Multi-Room music groups that contain an Echo Link Amp device no longer show up and can't be played to from Spotify.  Groups that do NOT contain an Echo Link work, and individual Echo Links work just fine.

I can create a new Multi-Room group with just Echo devices, works fine.  As soon as I add an Echo Link device, it vanishes and won't play.

I've seen reports on Reddit about this, but wanted to make sure you were aware.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazonecho/comments/17n20y7/echo_link_no_longer_works_in_multiroom_when_usi...

https://www.reddit.com/r/alexa/comments/17mcvd1/spotify_not_working_with_echo_link_when_paired_in/

66 Replies

Hey there @JeffSRedmond

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update? 

On another note, we'd recommend restarting your devices and your router to make sure that everything is synced up. 

Also, could you check if the firmware of the devices is up to date? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have the same issue.  It doesn't worked after applying the solution discribe above. The issue started about 9 days ago, without any reason. Please help us. Thanks

I have done all the above and has not worked. 
thanks. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

Currently, we aren't able to reproduce this on our end, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Additionally, we'll be on the lookout for more reports about this and if we're able to gather some more data, we'll keep you posted. For now, we'd recommend just keeping the Spotify app up to date to receive the latest fixes and optimizations. 

Cheers!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have been having the same exact issue for weeks now. Spotify works on any Echo or Echo Link by themselves. It works fine when regular echos are combined, but when an Echo Link is added to the mix it all shuts down. This problem does not occur with Amazon Music, Tune In, SiriusXM, etc. It is only a Spotify issue.

Eni, since you are unable to reproduce this (understandable as you would need a specific device) is there anyone we can work with behind the scenes to get logs or what not to help the investigation?

My Alexa multi-room group also stopped working with ONLY Spotify … paid subscription too. 

It even works with free Pandora. Please fix this or you’ll lose a paying customer to [insert any other streaming music service NOT NAMED SPOTIFY]. 

Since you say you can’t replicate it - how about posting a video of it working post 10/31 to prove it.

Having the same issue.  Please fix Spotify.  Worked fine for over a year and now Amazon Music works fine but no Spotify.  Please don't make us switch to Amazon Music 😞

Hi Eni,

This is definitely a new issue with Spotify. If any of us can help troubleshoot please let us know.

I’m about to switch to Amazon Music as it works fine with Echo Link (multi-room) but Spotify doesn’t work at all.

Anyone know what the correct current version of the Echo Link software is?

IMG_1932.jpeg

Not sure it’s the most current but here’s the version all of mine have. 

Hi

I have the same echo link software version and it's not working with Spotify using the multiroom feature. Please let us know. Thanks

Same issue here with two Echo Link Amps and Spotify Premium Family with a dedicated account. It used to work fine, and it works with the Sirius XM app. 

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of updates on our end.

This is currently being investigated by our tech team. In the meantime, we'd recommend making sure your device's software is up to date.

We'll let you know in this thread once we have any news.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm also having the same issue where Spotify won't play on a speaker group with an Echo Link in it, but that same group works fine with Amazon Music. It used to work fine but started having issues about two weeks ago. 

I am having this exact same issue. I'm ready to move away from spotify if this is not resolved.

Have tried all of the following and nothing has worked:

• updating all software
  • disabling/enabling spotify skill on alexa
  • deleting and reinstalling spotify app
  • deleting and reinstalling alexa app
  • factory resetting all echo devices

Nothing works. Please keep us updated with the solution.

Thanks for looking into this. I have seen so many new complaints regarding this same issue. I have a holiday party next month. If the issue isn’t resolved by then I’m switching to Amazon Music. I suspect this will be a problem at many approaching holiday parties

Suggested posts