Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

New Playlist Release Not Appearing

New Playlist Release Not Appearing

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(Samsung s23, Lenovo laptop)

Operating System

(Android, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I follow a company that posts public playlists weekly, but the playlists do not readily appear anywhere on my home screen or library. I do not get notifications of the new releases (new playlist posts) either. There is no "whats new" category on my desktop version, and they do not appear under "whats new" in my mobile app. It seems the library only holds playlists you have manually selected, similar to a "liked" song, and not the playlist posters, even ones that you follow, which is unlike how artists or podcasts are held in the library when you follow them. I even checked the library 'artists' and they are not listed there either. The most direct way to find them is to do a manual search, then go to their profile, then pull up their playlists to find the most recent one. It's super annoying that there's so many steps to get to the content I'm after, especially when I chose to "follow" them, seemingly so that this content would be more easily accessible. Am I missing something?

1 Reply

Hey @AnnFukhingOyed,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

It's expected to not get notified when the users you follow create and add a playlist to their profiles, since that is not a new content release. Now, keep in mind that the What's New section contains new releases just from artists and shows you follow, not from other users.

We understand where you're coming from, and we appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. We'd recommend you post your suggestion on our Ideas board. The Idea Exchange is a place where Spotify users can share their feedback in the form of ideas, to improve the Spotify experience for everyone.

Make sure you follow our Idea Exchange Guidelines. That way, other users can find your idea easily and show their support.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts