Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Paid podcast subscriptions not showing up in Your Episodes

Paid podcast subscriptions not showing up in Your Episodes

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android latest

My Question or Issue

I listen to my podcasts by having some of them auto downloaded into Your Episodes. I then sort them into a personal podcasts playlist.

The Economist Podcasts are switching to a subscriber only model, which means looking with my external account. I have done this and I'm able to listen to their locked episodes, however they don't show up in Your Episodes, currently there is a mix of free and paid but only the free ones appear in Your Episodes.

I've double checked all my settings, looks like an app bug to me. Please send help.

8 Replies

Hey there @jf26s,

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to confirm, are you able to add the paid episodes to Your Library manually?

Also, do they automatically download like the other episodes? You can also check if it make any difference if you turn off video for downloads, it should be available in the app settings > Data Saver. 

Should the episodes still not appear for you, let us know which app version you're currently running, and we'll look in to this further.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply Elena 🙂

Yes I'm able to add paid episodes manually, to Your Episodes and to my playlists.

They are only automatically downloaded after I manually add them to my library, before that they show as not downloaded in the podcast show feed and the New Episodes list. I've now turned off downloading video, it didn't immediately did the problem but if I notice it working with newly released episodes I'll report back (there won't be another for a day or two).

My app version is 8.8.80.599, and my OS version is Android 14 build number UP1A.231005.007.

Thanks for looking in to it 

Ok so today when I checked two episodes had been automatically added to Your Episodes, but a third had not and was only in New Episodes. Weird.

Thanks for getting back to us @jf26s!

It is indeed a bit weird. I'm thinking it might be some syncing issues that caused the third episode not to be in the Your episodes folder. Could you please try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing trouble? 

Also to be sure - that third episode is from the same podcast as the 2 others that did appear automatically, right?

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Elena, I've cleared my cache (nearly 2GB), so we'll see if that makes a difference.

I went back to check those three episodes, they are all from the same feed, but the two that automatically downloaded were not marked paid, and the one that didn't get added to Your Episodes was the only marked paid of those three. So it did match up with what I saw first after all.

Thanks again.

Clearing the cache looks like it might have helped. I had two paid episodes appear downloaded today, I'll see if that repeats tomorrow.

The same feed mixes free and paid episodes, the free episode was downloaded and a pair one released at the same time was not 😞

Hey @jf26s,

Thanks for keeping us posted here.

By the sound of it it seems like this is an intermittent behavior and regular troubleshooting can only take us so far. 

We'll be sure to pass on your experience to the correct teams here, however, we're not able to provide a timeline for an exact solve. Now it seems like keeping the videos off and cleaning cache regularly helps alleviate the issue, and with that we'd recommend keeping the app up to date to get the latest fixes with each version.

Hope this helps. Take care! 

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts