Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Podcasts] Bookmarks in Podcasts

[Podcasts] Bookmarks in Podcasts

I like to listen to podcasts or other playlists. If I want to hear some music in between I have to remember at what point (or at what time) I stopped and manually jump to that time in order to continue where I left off.

It would be great to have bookmarks that save that point of time. It would also be awesome to have those bookmarks in Playlists as well to continue the shuffled order that will change if I switch to another playlist and come back later!

1 Reply

Hey @simon2409,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we can confirm the app already remembers the position in which you left a podcast, so you can return to it whenever you want to continue listening.

This is automatic, so if perhaps you're having inconveniences with this, it'll help us a lot if you send us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there. We'd also recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app, so you can be sure the cache is not causing any inconveniences. You can find how to do it in this article.

On another note, we'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that if you have more than one idea, you can make a new idea submission for each one. This way, we’ll know exactly which idea folks are voting for. Since you mentioned you'd like to see this also on playlists, that counts as a different idea 🙂 We'd like you to know other users had similar requests, so they posted some ideas about it in our Idea Boards. We located these ones:

We think these are great ideas too! That's why we'd suggest adding your vote and subscribing to them in the three-dot menu. That way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about these. Even though the status of one of them is set as Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected.

If you think your idea should be considered as separate, feel free to submit it again highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing ones. Take into account you must follow the guidelines for submitting ideas, so your suggestion will be approved more quickly and smoothly.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts