Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Samsung TV][Other] Samsung TV Tizen app: no sound, controls not working (TU8500 model)

[Samsung TV][Other] Samsung TV Tizen app: no sound, controls not working (TU8500 model)

I have Samsung Smart TV UE55TU8500UX (TU85 series). Spotify app had been working for several weeks, after that it started to work like this:
* Everything works normally until you start to play anything
* After that, the player shows that a song is playing but there is no sound and player controls do not work
* If you try to use Spotify Connect at this point, it will not be able to connect to TV

I saw somewhere on the forum a "fix" which involved switching to HDMI or AV input before opening Spotify, and while it worked for me one or two times, it does not work anymore. I tried closing the app, rebooting the TV, all combinations of TV inputs before opening Spotify, nothing changes. The only subtle detail that I noticed is that there is your previous input sound playing for half a second when you try to play anything in Spotify, after that, nothing.

All the other fixes did nothing for me, like changing encoding in TV Sound settings menu.

1 Reply

damn i guess i needed to post it to Help instead of Ideas

Suggested posts