Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify app (v3.90) not loading on PS4

Spotify app (v3.90) not loading on PS4

My Question or Issue
Whenever I try to launch Spotify from the PS4’s Home Screen, it just goes to a blank screen and never loads any UI, at most just a plain empty white border rectangle in the center. I can still play music by controlling it from my phone or the Quick Menu but that’s it, the actual app refuses to work.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

PS4

Operating System

System Software v11.02

13 Replies

Hi @hwharris94,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

For starters, we recommend reinstalling Spotify on the PS4, in case you haven't. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try to Power Cycle the console. To do so, press and hold the power button until you hear a second beep. It’ll take about seven seconds. Then unplug the power cable of the console, monitor, or TV. Then wait for about 30 seconds before you plug them back in. Once the power cables are plugged in, turn your PS4 on and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Did it end up working or no? I’m having the same issue

Hey @Saucydaniel132,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and in addition, check if the issue persists with a different account and/or different internet connection?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Still the same problem. It shows me a grey screen with a rectangle shape box in the middle 

image.jpg

Hey @Saucydaniel132,

Is your PlayStation firmware up to date? What version are you using?

Also, did you manage to test this with a different account/connection?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

MihailYModerator

Hello, yes it is up to date,version 11.02 and I did try the different methods-account/connection 

Hey @Saucydaniel132,

We're sorry to hear it's still not working. We've noted your report, however, we can't give you an ETA for a fix. In the meantime, try removing the app and adding it again to your console.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

I have had this same issue for months. Everything is up to date, internet connection is good and I've reinstalled Spotify twice, reset my Internet and power cycled the PS4. I'm at a loss. 

I have the same problem on two ps4 consoles connected to the same home network. iOS devices work as expected. I have a good network connection and have restarted app, deleted app, reinstalled app but am still unable to get the Spotify UI up and accessible. I can play media using Spotify from the IOS device to the PS4 with Spotify. 

Whenever I press on the Spotify app it says “cannot find the aplication. Do you want to look in PlayStation store?” I whenever I go to the store it says the same thing

Hey folks, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

@hwharris94@Saucydaniel132, could you let us know if you're still experiencing this issue? If so, make sure to send us the info we're asking for below. 

@ratforsupper@Jcampora51@Alejandro56, could you provide us with the following info (if you haven't already)?

• Firmware version of your PS4
  • Date of when this started happening
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried
  • A video where we can see this behavior happening

We'd like to further investigate this. 

We'll be waiting for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same and everything is up to date it started happening yesterday for me

Hey @Manuelespinozaa_ ,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We appreciate your report on this issue. To continue investigating this internally, it would be great if you could include in your next response the info previously requested by @Eni. This will give us a better look at the issue to continue checking it with the relevant team.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts