Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why can't my friends see my playlists?

Why can't my friends see my playlists?

Some of my playlists will not show up on my profile, no matter what I do. I have selected "add to profile" and they show up on my profile on my end, but if any of my friends go to my profile all they can see is my old playlists. I have tried removing them and adding them again. I have tried deleting them and recreating them all together and nothing seems to be working. Any way to fix this?

Plan

Family Premium Plan

Country

US

Device

hp chromebook

5 Replies

Hey there @MadelineGrace_24,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

Since you mentioned you're using a Chromebook, we'd suggest you clean the cookies, cache and browsing data of your browser if possible. By doing that, you can make sure no stored cache is leading to that behavior. Make sure the browser is up-to-date as well.

If the above doesn't do the trick, we'd like to gather some additional info. Please send us:

• Does this happen if you use a different device to add playlists to your profile?
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update?
  • Does this happen when trying to add a specific playlist to your profile or does it persist no matter what playlist you try to add?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for your response @AlejaR!

I tried clearing my cache and cookies like you suggested which signed me out of Spotify. Upon signing back in, nothing changed, and my friend said she still can't see my playlists even though they're displayed as public on my side of my profile. To answer your questions, my Chromebook is the only device I use Spotify on, so I'm not sure if it would be different with another device. I'm not sure if it began to happen after an update, but it's been like this the entire summer. Playlists that were displayed on my profile before the summer are still displayed but if I try to create or add any new ones, it works on my end, but nobody else can see those new playlists.

Appreciate the cooperation @MadelineGrace_24 🙂

You did mention having the playlists set to public and added to your profile, but it's worth toggling these settings and then repeating the correct ones to test it'll make any difference. It's also worth checking out the info in this help article just to be sure you've got the correct options selected.

Give these a try and let us know if your friends are able to see your playlists. 

It'd be great if you could also test on another device as suggested by @AlejaR.

We'll be on the lookout for your response. 

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I tried signing in on another device and everything was the same, except for when I went to try removing and adding it back to my profile the only option was "unfollow playlist". There was no "add to profile" or "make public" option on the phone I signed in on. These are all my personally made playlists, but it almost looks as if I'm following someone else's playlists, and so unable to display them on my profile. I don't know why this would be, as I've had the same Spotify account for the past four years and only began to have this problem this summer. I tried just removing all my old playlists from my profile and my friend said they were all successfully removed, she couldn't see any of them, and then I tried adding four of my newer ones that haven't been able to be displayed on my profile and, same as always, I can see them displayed on my side of my profile, but no one else can see them.

Hey @MadelineGrace_24,

Thanks for the reply!

Note that you should get the 'Unfollow playlist' option only when selecting a playlist that is not created by the account you're viewing its options from. With this in mind though, I think I can share some insight into what's been happening here -

Chromebooks should only be able to run the Web Player version of Spotify (via the web browser) or the mobile app, installed from the Google Play app store. As the Web Player has more limited functionalities, only the 'Add to profile' option is available there but not the playlist's public/ private settings (linked above by @Ivelina). If the privacy is not set to public, then adding to the profile won't visibly do anything for outside viewers.

What I would suggest is using the Play Store Spotify app on the Chromebook. Make sure you're logged in with the correct credentials, navigate to a playlist you've recently created and select it. When selected, open its three dot menu and scroll down to locate the 'Add to profile' and 'Make public' options.
Note: When these are enabled, the menu will say 'Remove from profile' and 'Make private' instead 🙂

Hope this helps! Keep us posted 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts