Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

"Liked Songs" should be the first option when clicking to add a song to your library, full stop.

"Liked Songs" should be the first option when clicking to add a song to your library, full stop.

That's it. If you're really going to make me tediously click through several redundant and not-asked-for roll-down and click-thru menus to add songs to playlists, "Liked Songs" should ALWAYS be the first option, period.

Why the **bleep** would you make me hunt and search for "Liked Songs," which used to be the default? Counterintuitive and dumb.

I'm ceasing payment as soon as I get my playlists ported to a new platform, because y'all are the worst.

3 Replies

Hi @newdietzrising

If you're on desktop, you can pin your Liked Songs to the top of the list by right-clicking and selecting 'Pin playlist.' Now, your liked songs will appear at the top of the sidebar and at the top of the 'Add to playlist' button.

kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1706311226089.png

If you're on mobile, you can sort your playlists in multiple orders, and the Spotify app will remember your sorting order. If you're like me and you listen to and/or add songs to mostly only your Liked Songs, you can sort by 'Recently Played' or 'Recently Added' and your Liked Songs playlist will always be at the top.

Screenshot_20240126_182125_Spotify.png

On both platforms, if you add a song by clicking the (+) button, it will always add the song to your most recently added to playlist.

You can read more about the (+) icon to add music here.

Even when I try pinning the playlist (and I am able to press the button that you spoke of), it won't go to the top or show that it is pinned. It's as if pinning the playlist does nothing.

Hey @Grassmower,

Thanks for reaching out.

I've checked on my end and I was able to pin the playlist on both my Android phone and my Windows computer. Note however, that if you want to put the playlist at the top of the list, you need to manually drag it there in the desktop app with the Custom order sorting option selected. If you don't see the option, make sure the Playlists filter is selected.

If the issue persists, please send over a short video and let us know the model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected devices.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts