Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

what mean Wired connection in green

what mean Wired connection in green

When I play music it show me under the song in green Wired Connection what can that mean ?

25 Replies

You're using probably using headphones or ear phones, hence, wired connection

but im not using any 😭

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the late reply.

Can you please send us a screenshot of the notification and let us know the model, OS version and Spotify version of your device?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue, it looks like this.

IMG_5925.png

I’m having the same issue tired closing and opening and refreshing still nothing

I’m having the same problem.  Says wired connection but it’s not connected to anything.  My combine shows it as headphones, but again, nothing physically connected.

My “volume” (not combine)

Can you let me know what your solution was?  I have the same problem.

I would also like to know. This is what I’m seeing when I’m just listening though the phone’s speaker. 

hodgie777_0-1702440894350.png

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Can you please try some troubleshooting steps like reinstalling the app and trying with a different account?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

I also had this problem then for the last two nights it would play different random songs on random speakers/tvs in my home. 

Hey @Ryland20,

Thanks for posting here.

Are you seeing the same message in the Connect bar when this happens? It would be a good idea to secure your account using these steps to rule out unauthorized access.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

I have the same issue. Not connected to any other device (including headphones). It used to say connected to this iPhone and not be in green. 

I have an idea of one cause. I listen to Spotify on my iPhone 12 Pro in my work truck via the lightning adapter through a 3.5mm audio cord. I think it's happening when I unplug the dongle/adapter when my phone is locked and the note of what Spotify is playing through gets stuck on "Wired Connection". When I connect to another device, like a Bluetooth speaker, and then back to my phone, it goes away. Hope this is helpful.

So I’m paying a premium subscription every month to reinstall the app when an issue comes up? 

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies and for the info shared. 

We'd like to add some insights. This behavior is expected when there's a cable connected through the C-lighting port. This should disappear as soon as the cable is disconnected.

If you've noticed the Wired Connection banner is getting stuck after removing any cable connected to the device, we'd suggest restarting the app and making sure both the app and your mobile devices are up-to-date. 

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

AlejaRModerator

I have had the same problem the last few days. It seems to happen after I unplug my iPhone from Apple Car Play. It never did this before. I have had to restart my iPhone 3 times this week to correct the issue. I did recently update my iPhone to the latest download 17.3.1 I wonder if it’s related?

I am also having this issue. It’s frustrating and as others have said- we don’t pay premium rates to have this level of frustration preventing us from using Spotify. It’s clearly a common issue. Sort it out. 

I’m also experiencing the same issue.

Phone is up to date. Closing and reopening the app does not fix it. 
Are Spotify working to resolve this known issue?

I refuse that reinstalling the app is a solution for an issue that does not appear to be isolated.

Suggested posts