Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

IT CAN’T FIND MY ADDRESS

Solved!

IT CAN’T FIND MY ADDRESS

Plan

Family

Country

UK

My Question or Issue

I am trying to add one more person to my family plan and it can’t find my address, even though it is type in the same way it appears in my profile, and the rest of the members didn’t have any problem. We have tried everything: full address, parts of it, nears buildings, from the phone and everything all over in the laptop, and more time everything all over again in a incognito tab. I have “chat” via Facebook messenger with SpotifyCares (do they though?) and they have refer me here. Any ideas? PLEASE HELP! It is really frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I ended up taking the risk of changing the address in the main account (I was scared every user after had to deal with the same problem) and it worked!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I have this exact same problem and can find no answer in any Spotify FAQ or forum response. Seemingly no addresses in a two-mile radius of our home are now recognised - including the address that Spotify initially recognised when I first opened our Family plan. So I am unable to add family members, even though I have two unassigned family places on my plan. Sort it out Spotify!

Hi folks!

Could you check if the country of the invitee's account matches yours? More info on how to update it in this article. Something else you can try is entering the address as a Google Plus code.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello Jordan, it was the same country. I took the risk to change the address to a different one and it work. However, I am freaking out for the rest of the users! So far they have not been asked to reconfirm the address, so hopefully it stays that way.

I'm stuck in a loop. Trying to confirm my address as part of the Premium account, my address comes up in auto complete, but then the only option is to click find address, where it comes up with my neighbours., then either confirm/edit. Confirm says it's the wrong address, edit just takes you back to step one.

Our house was new build 5 years ago so some online things assume it's the neighbour at number 1, not 1a. Can't see any way of dealing with it.

stuck with the same problem. when my wife created the account, she entered the road street. Now, years later, I will join the family plan but that same address is no longer searchable. It will return a number of results that are technically similar (just not written exactly the same) but not accepting them. I am literally standing on that road.

Marked as solution

I ended up taking the risk of changing the address in the main account (I was scared every user after had to deal with the same problem) and it worked!

For years Spotify has failed to improve it's address function despite many people reporting problems. 

It's incredibly frustrating to have members kicked out for not "verifying" your address when they don't even let you put in your address - "just choose any nearby building!" Eh, what? 

I don't know a single other company that is unable to find addresses in Google maps or let you put in your own address. This is not a cheap service, sort it out. 

The customer service agent said this is a new problem caused by Google maps. No, it isn't. This is an historical issue with Spotify. Just invest some money into improving this feature, we pay enough for it.

Confirmar morada. Aderir ao plano familiar

I'm trying to join my sister's Premium Family account. Even though I'm typing in the exact same address, when I click "Search address," Spotify keeps changing it to a slightly different address. This is preventing me from joining the Premium Family plan because Spotify thinks the addresses are different.

I couldn't solve this problem, and it's not clear why I should do this, I paid for the subscription, let me add my wife. But Spotify doesn't want money, so it will be left without it, I hope you go bankrupt

Suggested posts