Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Account language

Account language

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

(MacPro 2013)

Operating System

(MacOS 12.7.4)

My Question or Issue

Hi,

When I click on my photo on the top right of the Mac application window and then choose"Account",  it opens a page with my account in Chrome. Great, but language is Dutch and I speak French (in Belgium, there are 3 official languages : French, Dutch and German). In the Help/FAQs pages, it is advised to go in the Preferences section of the account menu. But the Preferences section doesn't exist anymore! (and Spotify hasn't correct this yet). And there is no footer with a country menu at the bottom right of the account web page (which would have been anyway useless since language in Belgium is considered by Spotify as Dutch by default).

The only way I found to switch to French is to replace "be-nl" by "be-fr" in the address bar of the web page and also to erase everything which comes after 'account' in "https://www.spotify.com/be-fr/account" (if not, the page is not found).

I find it a bit tricky. Why isn't there a simpler way to change the language in the account section ?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Hey @bruman,

Thanks for reaching out!

Isn't there a clickable button at the end of the page on your end? Should look like this, bottom right corner:

Hope this helps! 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks but as I already mentionned, "there is no footer with a country menu at the bottom right of the account web page".

Hey @bruman,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, can you send us a screenshot of how the footer looks on your end when you open https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Also, please send us the link to the article with the outdated steps you've mentioned in your first message.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Hereunder is a screenshot of the very bottom of my account web page (actually no footer at all)

Here is the link to the (outdated) support article I have previously mentioned :

https://support.spotify.com/be-fr/article/change-language/?ref=related

As I've changed the language by editing the URL, now my account is correctly displayed in French (hope it lasts 😉

Screen 2024-09-28 à 15.56.09.png

Hi @bruman,

Thanks for letting us know. 

We're happy to hear that it's working now. After you change the URL to have be-fr in it, it should stay that way for all Spotify sites such as the account page and the support page. 

Regarding the article you provided, it seems to be correct, "Preferences" referring to "Settings" in this case. However the article is showing how to switch the language in the app itself across all platforms, as well as the webplayer. These settings are separate from those for Spotify webpages and do not affect those in any way. The Spotify site needs to be changed from the footer menu, which makes it all the more peculiar why that bit is missing for you. 

Is the image you sent really the very bottom of the webpage, no more scrolling possible? Is this the same for all Spotify webpages for you? Let us know and send us some more screenshots so we can look into this further.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator

Hi,

Thanks for the clarification.

"Is the image you sent really the very bottom of the webpage, no more scrolling possible?"

Yes, definitely (https://www.spotify.com/be-fr/account/overview/)

Fortunately, this is not the case for all Spotify web pages, such as the support pages (see attached screenshot).

Screen 2024-09-30 à 16.11.17.png

Suggested posts