Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

How to change user when using premium duo

How to change user when using premium duo

Hi, as the name of the post says, how do I change user when using premium duo?
My wife is the main user, but I don´t find where can I change user (for me to use Spotify, in my own devices creating my own playlists)

Thank you

6 Replies

Hey, @Monaxyz 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

The Premium Duo plan allows Spotify users to have 2 different premium accounts separately. In this case, it would be one account for you and another for your wife, so both of you can access and use your own account on your own personal devices. I hope my answer covers what you're meaning with your question, but if it doesn't, don't hesitate to ask for more help. You can find more information about the Spotify Premium Duo here:

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Luan, I´m the husband of Monaxyz...we have recently found the way to use the 2 accounts for separately...The only thing we had to do was to access with the email and pass of each one (oh God, was so simple!...)

thanks a very lot for your concern!😁

I have the same problem: I changed my account to a duo account so my daughter can also use it, but now I don't know how she can log in to her own account on her phone. I tried with her email address but she doesn't have a password an Spotify only recognizes my email address, not hers. And when she uses my email address, she logs in to my account.... what am I missing here?!

Hey @ernstvanderpasch,

Sorry to see you've been having issues with logging in.
As you've mentioned that the password for the second account is unknown, I'd advise you to reset it!
You can do so by following this link here.

Should you encounter any difficulties along the way, do let us know.
We'd gladly have a look 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, I've noticed my daughter hasn't been able to use her account on my Duo subscription. I don't know how to get her back in. She's showing up as a member but her name isn't recognised upon signing in, and I have no idea now where I can find her username. It doesn't show it in the settings, only her name and clicking on her profile gives me nothing. It's so annoying as she's been logged in as myself and now my account is polluted with young girl content! Help!

Hey @Piawaters84,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Spotify Community!

There's a very useful article with some tips on how to find login details, which you can check here. I'd also recommend trying to log in with every possible combination of email address and password your daughter can think of. 

She can also try going to password reset and entering possible email addresses she owns. When she enters an email that's registered with Spotify, she'll get the message that the password reset email was sent. Once that's done, she'll be able to set a new password to log in with this email address.

Hope this helps.

DessiModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts