Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I have the Family Prem but when I add a new member it says the address is wrong

I have the Family Prem but when I add a new member it says the address is wrong

Plan

Premium Family

Country - I chose US, pay in USD but my home is located in Brazil.  

Device

iphone/ipads

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I opened the family plan but NO one has been able to join because it doesnt like the home address.  Even though it matches perfectly - Spotify is rejecting it.  Perhaps I need to adjust the country to Brazil - but I tried and it made my jump through 10 steps and I dont want to do all that. 

6 Replies

Hey @ShawnaR, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Yes, you will need to make sure that your country and region settings are correct and apply to the address that you're using for Premium Family. Any differences between address verifications will be rejected. Also, you will need to make sure that the members are residing at the same physical address as you at the time of sign-up. 

There is more information about the address verification process here. If you've checked for all of this and have corrected your country & region settings, you can send another invite to those members following these steps and let me know if they still have problems accepting and joining your plan. 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a similar issue. As the plan manager I wanted to add my wife via her new email address but won't recognize the home address although it it exactly the same as the one I use and for our kids. When I want to change my home address, using the current address details, again it won't recognize the address anymore and provides alternatives that are not correct.

Hi there @pcjnieuwenhuizen,

Thanks for reaching out!

Due to updates made by a third party provider, addresses that were previously available can become unavailable. Unfortunately this isn’t something we’re able to change on our end. However, this can be easily resolved if you update the address on your Family page. If you can't find your specific address anymore, you can enter the nearest address that can be located. For example, if you can't find your apartment number you can just select the building, or a close landmark.

You can send your wife a new invite afterwards and she should be able to join with the updated address.

Let us know how it goes.

DessiModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium - Family

Country

US

Device

not device specific

My Question or Issue

I have two family members who received address verifications, entered in the correct address but were told it wasn't found. They reached out to support with no help. One was kicked off the plan, even though it was the correct address. Need help addressing this.

same problem in Mexico, they cant validate the address, just to select the Country.

the solution that worked for me:
1.- update your address in the subscription

2. kick out every member

3.- resend a new invitation to the members, and use de new address you registered.

Suggested posts