Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Incorrect location on concert recommendations

Solved!

Incorrect location on concert recommendations

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 14

My Question or Issue

My emailed concert recommendations are recommending shows in Quebec, even though my location settings on my account are (and have always been) set to Ontario. The emails used to be correct, but in the past few months have now been showing the wrong location... I don't know how to fix this because as I've said I never made any changes to the account, nor is anyone using my plan from Quebec.

Screenshot_20240527-150939.png
Screenshot_20240527-151944.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Spotify Community,

I would request you to update location in all the logged in devices you use to current location. 

Hope this helps for recommendation 

TanyaSRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Spotify Community,

I would request you to update location in all the logged in devices you use to current location. 

Hope this helps for recommendation 

TanyaSRising Star

Thank you, nowhere in my searching was that exact URL you provided found! Though when I checked it, it was set to Whitby, which is also not where I am located lol but changing it there seems to have helped. Much appreciated 👍

I moved to a new city two years ago, but I keep getting concert recommendations via email with concerts near my old address. I've checked all the settings I have access to to make sure that my address is correct in Spotify, but I cannot figure out how to give me local recommendations.

The feature itself is great when it can tell me about events near me, but it is pretty useless now.

The footer of the email states I'm receiving the email because I bought tickets through tickets.spotify.com, but logging in to that specific site gives no options to update them. This feels like an issue that Spotify Support could easily help with, but it is apparently impossible to submit a support inquiry!

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Ireland

Device

Not really relevant but Samsung 24, and PC

Operating System

Latest Android version / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My account has my location set to Ireland. It has always been set to Ireland, I've never lived anywhere else apart from holidays.

Until recently, I would get upcoming concert recommendation emails for liked acts that were due to be taking place in Ireland. All good, I've got to go gigs I would have missed, otherwise.

The last few emails, though, I'm instead getting recommendations for gigs and concerts taking place in London, specifically Kentish Town.  London is in the UK, an entirely different country!  I'm not getting any recommendations for Irish gigs, at all!

My account still says I'm registered to Ireland.

Hey, @Tarbh 
Welcome to the Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

You said your account is set to Ireland, but it is worth checking if the preferred location for concerts is also set to Ireland. You can do it in your app, by following these steps:

1. Go to the Search tab;
  2. Tap on Live Events;
  3. Check the current setting for the location and change it, if necessary.

Stay awesome! 🎶

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Plan

Premium

Country 

France

Devices

Iphone 14 Pro and MacBook Pro

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have an issue that I'm not sure how to go about. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

I originally opened my Spotify account in Paris back in 2012 or 2013, then from 2016 to 2020 I lived in Canada and now I am back in France. My credit card associated with the account is a French one and my account does show as the country France.

However, when I get the email Newsletter with suggested upcoming concerts near me, it shows concerts in Vancouver Canada. I have tried and tried to change it to Paris but it does not work.

I know this is a futile issue but I would love to book all of those concerts but they are never near me which is very frustrating whereas I am sure there are plenty of concerts from my favorite artists that I miss out on as I am not aware they are happening until they are sold out. 

Any ideas how to go about it? Thanks! 

Hey, @FionaRenucci 
Welcome to the Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Consider changing the preferred location for concert suggestions. You can do it in your app, by following these steps:

1. Go to the Search tab;
  2. Tap on Live Events;
  3. Check the current setting for the location and change it, if necessary.

Stay awesome! 🎶

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star

The promotional emails for concerts in my city are based in the wrong state. Minor complaint, but would be nice to hear about actual concerts happening near me based on my music taste. I am on Spotify Premium and there seems to be no way to change your state in the account settings.

I used to live on the east coast but now I live in Colorado. I keep getting concert notifications for concerts in the DC metro area. I like getting these concert notifications but I would like notifications for shows near Denver, CO.

Have you found a solution for this by any chance? I am currently struggling with the same thing. I live in Colorado but receive emails for Minneapolis as of 2 months ago.

Thanks a Mil! 

this did work, I am wondering if I can set it up between my two cities i

live between? 

Suggested posts