Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Home Page Made for You Section Title Shows "Made For (Username)"

Solved!

Spotify Home Page Made for You Section Title Shows "Made For (Username)"

On my Spotify home page's "Made For You" section, the title shows "Made For (My Username)". I saw other people's Spotify home page, and it seems that it should instead be "Made For (My Created Profile Display Name)", since this is how it is shown everywhere else in the app, including the Browse. I want to know if this is simply the case for everyone, that on home page it shows "Made For "Username (instead of display name)", or is it a bug I have? Because I prefer it showing my display name, or even just simply "Made For You", instead of username, which was something randomly created years ago that cannot be changed.

I have attached a photo to show where I am referring to on home page.

Plan: Premium

Device: Same on All Devices

HomePage Question.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @a1dang1bb1e 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

It should display your "display name", instead of your username. Let's make a test and check if it solves the question...

1. On your Spotify for Desktop, tap your profile photo on the top of your screen (right-side);
  2. Now, go to your Profile;
  3. When you open your profile, tap on your name. You will be able to change it...
  4. Choose your display name and save it
  5. Wait a few minutes and check your Home screen again to see if the bug was solved.

Keep me posted and stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @a1dang1bb1e 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

It should display your "display name", instead of your username. Let's make a test and check if it solves the question...

1. On your Spotify for Desktop, tap your profile photo on the top of your screen (right-side);
  2. Now, go to your Profile;
  3. When you open your profile, tap on your name. You will be able to change it...
  4. Choose your display name and save it
  5. Wait a few minutes and check your Home screen again to see if the bug was solved.

Keep me posted and stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @Luan ,

Thank you so much for your reply! I just tried that and you are right, it worked! However, interestingly, once I tried changing the display name a second time once again back to my initial display name, it reverted back to showing the "username" in that section. I wonder if this is because for that specific display name, I have numbers in the name?

Whereas, when I change it to any other display names without a number included, it successfully shows Made For "Display Name".

Kind regards,

Aidan

To follow up,

Hi @Luan, I just did more testing, and I found out that I can change display name to anything including symbols like "#" within the name and it still works. However, whenever I have any single "number" included, then the Made For You reverts to showing Made For "Username". So, the conclusion seems to be that either this is the way the system algorithm works, or perhaps my Spotify just has a bug which has problems showing names with numbers included.

Hey, @a1dang1bb1e 

Happy to know that my answer was helpful to you. Thanks for sharing this additional information. I'll double-check with Spotify folks and once I have an answer, I return here. Super sorry for the delay in replying back to you, tho.

And remember that you can count on us, always, when necessary!

Best Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star

Hello everyone.

I'm desperate for help. As a push to leave social networks, I added an email/password to login to Spotify and then removed Facebook integration. Now my username is a huge random string of letters and numbers.

I had a similar issue back in 2018 and I figured it would be solved by now.

I did change my display name in settings but I still find the random string everywhere. On my matches with my friends, it shows up as "a match made for [x]" where x is, again, the **bleep** random string.

This grinds my gears so hard and I'm yet to find a solution online. I already reconnected my Facebook just to see this solved but with no success. Not trying to sound like a Karen but this really makes me wanna jump ship. Again, it is such a bad UI/UX, it grinds my gears pretty badly.

If anyone can PLEASE share an actual solution to this instead of the same automated message from 2018 explaining that Spotify decided to change its username logic and giving out solutions that don't work (like log-off-then-log-in, restart phone, clear data and cache, etc), I'll be immensely grateful.

There is an attachment showing the subtext for a Match playlist that illustrates what makes me frustrated.

Screenshot_20240813_224448_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts