Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

2 Issues On Tablet: Landscape Mode For Lyrics Is Not Available + Player Disappears

2 Issues On Tablet: Landscape Mode For Lyrics Is Not Available + Player Disappears

Spoiler

Plan

Premium

Country

Türkiye

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 (SM-X700)

Operating System

Android 13, One UI 5.1

My Question or Issue

Since a couple weeks, I'm having 2 troubles on the Spotify app on my Galaxy Tab S8 tablet. Those are still not fixed on the app version 8.8.34.429.

At first, lyrics mode is now not available in landscape. When I want to view full lyrics, tablet turns to portrait mode.

Second, player disappear when I go back to home

30 Replies

Hey @BLCNYY,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you tried using a different account to check how it behaves on the tablet? Also make sure to try a clean reinstall of the app as described here.

What do you mean by the disappearing of the player? You can post screenshots as well.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Me too ☹️☹️

Screenshot_20230702_042419_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230702_042328_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20230702_042351_Spotify.jpg

Facing the same issue on my tab S7 FE. Despite many app updates, issue still not fixed. On a premium plan from India. Honestly, Apple Music has no such issues, but didn't switch as I had already paid for a annual plan. As always Android and android developers suck! Wonder that's the reason they aren't able to make profits. Apple is the true king from software to hardware no matter how expensive it may seem.

Same problem here. I'm currently using a galaxy tab s7 with an  premium subscription

It sucks to view lyrics in portrait mode on tablet. why don't they make it to stay on landscape mode ?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for all your replies. So that we may look into this further, could you please provide us the following:

• The exact makes and models of all your affected devices
  • The exact OS versions of those devices
  • The exact Spotify Versions you use.

With this information, we’d be happy to investigate.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

• Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite

• Android 13 One UI 5.1.1

• Spotify Version 8.8.82.634

Hey @Gaurav02,

Thank you for sharing the details!

@Hana_rraa @user-removed @Marcospaulomr,

Could you please do the same? 🙂 

Once we have gathered the info from all of you we'll be able to send it backstage to our tech folks so that they can check what's going on. We'll be on the lookout for your replies!

VasilModerator

samsung galaxy tab A8 

Hi, I'm using an Galaxy Tab S7 SM-T875

ANdroid 13

ONe UI 5.1.1

Spotify version 8.8.88.397

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior since we don't support landscape mode for full screen lyrics on Android. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

@Novy wrote:

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. 

We can confirm that this is expected behavior since we don't support landscape mode for full screen lyrics on Android. 

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Why? I hadn't updated my Spotify app in a year and the version before I updated had the lyrics working just fine in landscape mode... This is a downgrade...

This seems like it's a bug. It worked fine for me before. I can't even properly play music in my car anymore. This is absurd. 

I have the same exact issue on the Galaxy S9 ultra on the latest version of Android and OneUI.

Very annoying 

Any update? It's been weeks.

Well, nothing changed just enjoying Spotify

I use tablet s6 lite and at first landscape mode for lyrics worked just fine but now every time I'm on landscape mode the lyrics are portrait it's annoying I really hope it gets fixed cuz it sucks and this is a downgrade 

any plan to fix this problem?
this post almost have a year open, what's going on dev team?

It looks like they have given up on the tablet app unfortunately. 

Suggested posts