Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

30 days offline usage has expired?? Premium

Solved!

30 days offline usage has expired?? Premium

Hello,

I have premium which works well except for sometimes when all my downloaded platlists becom "un-downloaded". Spotify tells me that my 30 days of ofline usage has expired. I then have to go into offline mode and download them over again. This keeps happening, but I'm not sure if it's every 30 day... It's really annoying cause I am paying for spotify so this shouldn't happen.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

This is for security reason - technically without this option, any user can use Premium forever and ever in Mobile. When Spotify force user to log in every 30 days, Spotify send listening data (so Spotify can pay for right holders) and also to check you are still Premium user.

However you can avoid this from happening, just make sure go online at least once at month - over Wifi, 3G or Public free wlan.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

This is for security reason - technically without this option, any user can use Premium forever and ever in Mobile. When Spotify force user to log in every 30 days, Spotify send listening data (so Spotify can pay for right holders) and also to check you are still Premium user.

However you can avoid this from happening, just make sure go online at least once at month - over Wifi, 3G or Public free wlan.

That easy? Great!

thx 🙂

Yes! Glad to hear I helped you.

Enjoy your Spotify. 😉

I have this issue even when I have been online hours prior. I'm considering getting rid of my premium account because of this.

Hi, my spotify app has just told me it has expired, we are still premium subscribers, I am in an enviroment where the connection is slow to non existent.

Question 1. Will I have to redownload all the music? (pretty impossible with the connection)?

Question 2. Or will going online re establish that my device has music on it with a live account and therefore let me start listening again, without loosing all the downloaded music?

Thanks in advance.

Just noticed this is in the Android section and my device is an iPod touch, ok ok don't spit :), but I'm guessing the solution will be the same )fingers crossed).

Gaz.

Hello Gaz,

Your second statement is correct here. Going online should confirm that you still have an active subscription, and you should be able to go offline and play your offline tracks once again without needing to resync them.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll try it and let you know

🙂

Gaz.

I get the message every single time I open the Spotify app on iOS. No matter what I do (go online, stay offline, go online through settings, log off an on again) or if I'm on WiFi, 3G or Edge. I have an active Premium subscription and can connect to the internet, even search and listen to online music in the Spotify app.

Apart from the fact that this the message is annoying, my selection on what I'd like to save for offline playback is reset to a state that is a couple of weeks old with every launch, and I just can't listen to songs offline unless I star them.
This drives me mad.

Correction. I can listen to songs offline that I star or those that I had saved for offline playback before the mysterious point in time I get reset back to, but cannot add new ones by saving a playlist

Turns out it had something to do with my device being jailbroken. After removing the jailbreak and restarting Spotify I got the message once more followed by a message that I had too many devices with offline playlists. After another restart of the app I could mark playlists for offline play and the newly synced playlists will now play in offline mode.

I'm not going to have internet for more than 30 days, is there any way I could pay in advance to keep it going past the thirty days without having to login?

@ClaudeTheFrog I'm not sure but try getting in touch with the payment team and they may be able to help.  If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

@skaploff wrote:

Hello,

I have premium which works well except for sometimes when all my downloaded platlists becom "un-downloaded". Spotify tells me that my 30 days of ofline usage has expired. I then have to go into offline mode and download them over again. This keeps happening, but I'm not sure if it's every 30 day... It's really annoying cause I am paying for spotify so this shouldn't happen.

think you

Hi, how do i resync my music after the 30 days of offline has ended

I have premium spotify for my android. I subscribed to spotify because you have the ability to listen to music offline and pay a fee which is wonderful and I love it. But I'm in the military and I will be deploying over seas and I just now saw that you need to go online every 30 days to beable to keep listening offline. I'm very discouraged by this. I wouldn't have subscribed if this was the issue. When I'm home in the U.S. I absolutely love spotify. But I was wondering is there any way I can not go online every 30 days. Having Internet overseas on a boat for 7 months is mere impossible. Though I may get the chance eventually but no as often as every 30 days. This is very important to me because music keeps me going. when I listen it brings me at peace. I really hope someway, somehow there is an exception for situations like this. I tried searching for other music subscription that let u listen offline for longer periods with a monthly charge But I havent found anything. I understand you want to see what songs we play so you can pay the artists accordingly. But I think if I pay monthly automatically it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure it more important then what I'm seeing

Is there anything you can do to help my situation? 

-Kristen -USMC- 

my spotify is useless because the free 30 days is done. how to use it free again? comment down 🙂

@algeresguerra wrote:

my spotify is useless because the free 30 days is done. how to use it free again? comment down 🙂

Hey there.

Thanks for your input.

If your Free trial of Spotify Premium is over, you still can use Spotify. Ha! By the way how you can do that... Just keep listening! Looool 😄

Ads will be available and sound quality is lower, but it will still play stuff.

Music If you want full Spotify, go for Premium, it is 10 € in month! Keep listening music! Keep Spotifying! Music

I hope you will have nice Spotify day!

Greetz

Jyrziu :d

How can i get offline again after expiring the 30 days period?
PLEASE HELP

Hi @marcodily

In order to go offline again you need to go back Online to re-sync your subscription, playlists, listening hstory etc. Give it a few minutes then you can go offline again

Note you need to be a premium subscriber to be able to use Spotify Offline

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts