Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Solved!

Android - Add Playlist to Home Screen, feature has gone missing?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Moto G31

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I can no longer add a playlist to the home screen. However, existing links on my home screen still work. When I click on the "three dots" option on a playlist the "add to home screen" option is no longer available; however, this does seem to be available for individual albums.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

I had the same issue and found a workaround on another forum that worked!

Play the playlist so it that it is in your "Recently Played"

Slow press the Spotify app launch button on your home screen

Then a list of Recently Played playlist appears

Slow press the playlist you want to add to the Home Screen

You can now drag it across your Home Screen

Hope it works for y'all too,

Chris

View solution in original post

98 Replies

Hey @grinwithaspin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If the issue is happening on a single device, it is usually related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking with a different device (using your same account) to see if it makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Many thanks, I have done a clean reinstall and the issue persists. I have tried on another device and again, still cannot see an option to add playlist to home screen. This is also true for my partner's on our duo account.

Premium/ Pixel 7 Pro/ Android 13/ United States

Same here! This just started recently and must be within the last week or two.

I recently got a Pixel 7 Pro and had to add back the playlists to my home screen, so I was able to do it recently. Now it won't show on any playlist. I tried creating duplicate playlists, liking the playlist, and any sort of change to see if it worked and the option is still not there.

I'm having the same problem on my S20+. I have tried as you have adviced but still no luck. I can add albumns as home screen shortcuts but not any playlists including mine, others and ones made by Spotify. Please advice further.

Same here on Galaxy S20. Existing icons are now grayed out. Can still add an album but not a playlist. I did multiple full reinstalls.  Same problem on my sister's device and account. 

I am also having this issue.  I use a OnePlus 7pro.  Yesterday, I did a factory reset on my Blackview BL-5000 phone.  I installed a fresh copy of Spotify there.  There is no menu option for "Add to Home Screen" on either device.  The menu option was there on my OnePlus phone just a week ago, but has disappeared.

Did Spotify update the app and remove this function?  Has this function been moved to a different menu?  If so, I can't locate it.  My existing Home Screen shortcuts still work, but I'm unable to add new ones.  I use this function all this time to cue different playlists in different parts of lectures and teaching.  It is much more difficult to dig through the Spotify menu for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Same here on my oppo, very frustrating, just the last week or so

Same problem with my Samsung Galaxy A53 😔

Really hope Spotify team will fix the issue asap 🙏🏻🤞🏻

This issue occurred to me as well! Still not fixed! I don't think it's a device specific issue! It occurred after the last update! Please solve this asap! 

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts.

Can you please let us know the following info:

• Device model + OS version
  • Spotify app version

We'll investigate further why this could have happened. 

In the meantime, if possible, log in with a different Spotify account on your device and check if you can see the option there.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Absolutely agree! This is nonsense! 

Also the exact same problem in my Samsung S10+ 😞 

Device: Moto G31 on Android 11

Spotify version: 8.7.78.376

Logging in as another account does not work. Nor does this work for my account on another phone.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your replies. 

@Candy8aloha, could you send us the info @Alex asked for previously? We'd like to investigate this further.

@HugoNogueira, would you mind letting us know the Spotify version of your phone? Also, could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried?

@grinwithaspin, thanks for all the info you've sent so far.  We'd also like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update. 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there

Device: Galaxy A53 (SM-A536B/DS)

Spotify: 8.7.78.382

Not sure if the issue came after an update...

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

I had the same issue and found a workaround on another forum that worked!

Play the playlist so it that it is in your "Recently Played"

Slow press the Spotify app launch button on your home screen

Then a list of Recently Played playlist appears

Slow press the playlist you want to add to the Home Screen

You can now drag it across your Home Screen

Hope it works for y'all too,

Chris

Same issue on Sony Xperia, Android Version 12, Spotify version 8.7.78.381. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, Add to Home Screen option still not there.

No specific event, but there could have been an automatic update of the app I wouldn't be aware of.

Thank you. This is imperfect, but does work for me as a short-term solution. Hopefully this issue will simply be fixed in the next app update.

Suggested posts