Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app crashes when wifi connected

Android app crashes when wifi connected

Hi everyone, 

I have problem with spotify android app. Application crashes when wifi is connected

I tested on two different Samsung Galaxy S10 phones and Oppo A5. 

When wifi is turned off everything works fine - until I connect wifi again. 

When I connected to another wifi (in work) works fine. Maybe some settings in my router? Any ideas, please help. 

Best regards. Gregory

3 Replies

Yup, same problem here. Affected Android first, around Thursday of last week, then broke on my laptop over the weekend.

Big fan of Spotify, so would be a shame to lose my premium account, but I'm obviously not gonna keep paying for something that's not working.

No router updates any time recently. Tried a router restart to no avail.

Have also tried the clean reinstall on both devices (along with a host of other recommendations on the forum) to no avail.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Check your Spotify on another wifi network. In my case I have checked in work and... everything works correctly. When I came back home spotify crashed again. 

But if I disconected wifi and switched to cellular data spotify is working again. 

I don't know. Probably is samething wrong with my wifi network.

Any ideas?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Since the app works fine when connected to a different network there might be an issue with the home Wi-Fi network. Try the following:

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on.
  • If that doesn’t help, try restarting your router.

If you're able to access the Web Player with no issues on that same device over Wi-Fi, it'd be a good idea heading over to your device's Settings > Apps > locate Spotify on the list > Data Usage and double check that all relevant Wi-Fi network access is toggled to Allowed.

We'd also recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts