Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android downloads playlist - then suddenly only 30% complete and starts to download last 70% again

Android downloads playlist - then suddenly only 30% complete and starts to download last 70% again

My Galaxy tab 2 with Icecream downloads my entire playlist to SD card (32gb) 3044 tracks, then within an hour or so or after the tab has been in standby my down load is back to 30% and the device begins downloading the last 70% again. I am on the latest spotify from Google play.

Description

Android Tab downloads whole playlist - then suddenly only 30% complete and starts to download last 70% again??

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Open Spotify on Android

Select a random playlist that hasn't been synced

Click the green "Download playlist" button

Downloaded in full 3044 tracks

and hour or so later back to 30% downloaded and resyncing to download the 70% again

Complete uninstall/reinstall as per steps 1-13 of "Troubleshooting Spotify on Android

Issue still remains.

What I expected to happen

%.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy tab 2

Device’s Operating System

latest Icecream

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

3.35gb

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

it is 32gb sd but currently 22gb available though the only content is spotify and that says i only have 30% of my playlist downloaded - 10gb for 30% of 3044 tracks in normal quaility sounds like a lot !

Is your device rooted?

dont know ??

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

Dont know??

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

no but from what i have read the latest spotify download does that automatically ??

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

no mobile data connection only wifi

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

---

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

0.9.0.133.gd18ed589

My mobile provider and country

My username

kobiashi007

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

spotify

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Are you getting any error messages at all?

It should give an error, but it sounds like you're running out of memory just before 100% of the songs are synced. Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

Also, do you have any other relatively large playlists synced? As please note there is a 3,333 synced song limit per device on a max of 3 devices.

Unfortunately, there is a chance you may be experiencing the bug outlined here.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I'd suggest synching in smaller batches. To do this, "undownload" the playlist you've been trying to synch then clear the cache in spotify's settings.

Create a new empty playlist on your desktop client then copy no more than 300 songs into this new playlist. Synch with your phone and download then repeat with the next batch of 300 tracks. I know it's cumbersome but it might work flawlessly or even help identify any errors 🙂

Hello and thanks for the prompt response

No error messages

Yes I have reinstalled and cleared the file in data

have syncd a small playlist in iphone and ipad - I no longer use the ipad in favour of the galaxy tab 2

The small playlist is only 37 tracks so track total I am still below 3333 when you add to my 3044 playlist 

Can I be running out of storage space -  would 3044 normal quality tracks take up 32gb ? 

@Kobiashi007 wrote:

Hello and thanks for the prompt response

No error messages

Yes I have reinstalled and cleared the file in data

have syncd a small playlist in iphone and ipad - I no longer use the ipad in favour of the galaxy tab 2

The small playlist is only 37 tracks so track total I am still below 3333 when you add to my 3044 playlist 

Can I be running out of storage space -  would 3044 normal quality tracks take up 32gb ? 

I would imagine 3044 tracks is less than 32GB 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Good Idea - I'll try that 

thanks

Suggested posts