Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[BUG/CRASH] Android app's search decodes the search as an url, causing eventual crashes.

[BUG/CRASH] Android app's search decodes the search as an url, causing eventual crashes.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE

Operating System

Android 13, OneUI 5.1

My Question or Issue

Hello! I was searching for music on Android and typed a % at the end by mistake, and when I searched the app froze and crashed. I tried again and noticed that whenever I type something in the search bar and type it, it gets decoded as an URL. If I type for example %20 It gets turned into a space, If I type %00 to create a null character it says something went wrong and I have to reopen the app for it to work again, and if I just type a trailing % it crashes the app immediately.

This is not even a far fetched possibility, as "100%" can be a normal day to day search term that causes a crash.

Also when you search for music and select one to be played, it says at the top of the screen: Playing from Search "xxxxx". The xxxxx is now url encoded.

Screenshot_20240105_010115_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Keep in mind you actually have to press the search button and so the search, because if you just unfocus the search box nothing happens.

Hi @longhi,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

This is odd indeed. We've checked from our side and weren't able to replicate the behavior. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If not, we'd recommend reinstalling the Spotify app and making sure your OS is up-to-date. Additionally, let us know if this happens on other devices. If you don't have one, you could use a friend or relative's device and log in with your account to check.

On another note, let us know the Spotify version you have installed.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi. I was able to replicate the problem. I have the exact same device and same OS as the OP so this might be related to Samsung's OneUI 5

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info you've provided.

This has been reported to our tech team and is being looked into. We'll let you know in this thread once we have an update.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. 

We'd recommend logging out and back in as this should allow the app to refresh. Let us know if you're still experiencing the issue after this.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts