Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't skip when casting

Can't skip when casting

When casting to my Vizio TV with Chromecast built in, if I press play, pause, or skip, it disconnects from Chromecast. The only way to cast is to start playing a song on my phone and then press other devices and click on my TV. And then I cannot skip songs, or it will disconnect.

4 Replies

I have the same problem. When I remote control Chromcast with Spotify app or software on OS, IOS or Android, Spotify on Chromecast disconnects (so the device is not connected anymore) and goes back to the standard Spotify screen (not to the Google Home screen). This happens when I play/pause a song, skip a song or move to another part of the song with the bar.  So in order to start playing a song on Chromecast, I have to start playing it on my device and then stream it to Chromecast.

Selecting a new song while another song is playing does still work and Chromescast doesn't disconnect.

Yep, mine also goes back to the basic Spotify screen, not the Google cast home screen. Which Chromecast are you using? Mine is the Chromecast built into Vizio M series.

I‘m using the H2G2-42 HDMI Stick.

Same here, only I'm using the hdmi Chromecast that works with literally any other app. I've looked at the other similar threads from a while back but the problem was never solved for them either. Tried updating, reeboting etc, nothing works. I'm so annoyed because I just started paying for Premium and if I can't even listen on my TV what's the point. 

Suggested posts