Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot add songs to playlist via search

Cannot add songs to playlist via search

Plan

Free

Country

NL

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

Today I've decided to try out Spotify but my immediate impression wasn't great. I tried to create a playlist but when attempting to add a song (after clicking on 'add songs' in the playlist and searching for the song) the (+) button does not do anything. (see screenshot). No message, no feedback at all, just nothing.

The weird thing is the (+) button does work from the "Suggested Songs" screen and if i look up an artist in the search screen, click on him/her and then press (+) on the specific song it also works. (see screenshots)

I've tried restarting phone and re-installing the app but still the same behaviour persists. This is incredibly annoying and hope there's a fix out there.

Regards,

works_artist_view.jpg
works_suggested_view.jpg
spot_not_working.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @mr_fisher

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to double-check, did you perform a regular or a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? We'd suggest trying a clean reinstall as this step is more thorough than the regular one and makes sure you get the latest app version with all of its features updated. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on your Samsung Galaxy phone. 

In case you still can only selectively use the feature to add songs after clean reinstalling, try logging in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Suggested posts