Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Cannot skip tracks with bluetooth Beats Powerbeats2 and Huawei Y550

Solved!

Cannot skip tracks with bluetooth Beats Powerbeats2 and Huawei Y550

Hello i bought Beats by Dre Powerbeats 2 Wireless

- bluetooth hedphones

I own Huawei Y550 Android phone

pressing twice the button on my bluetooth headphones should skip to next track

this behaviour works in default OS music player in android, i also tested on iPhone using itunes - also works

BUT IN SPOTIFY ON ANDROID - pressing the button twice doesnt do anything

any ideas i dont know if this is Android specific, Spotify specific, Huawei specific, Powerbeats2 specific

in any case the skip track works on Huawei Y550 Android in default music player and on iPhone iTunes so it looks like Spotify is doing something differently than the standard players on both Android and iOS...

is this BUG ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH NO TRACK CONTROL (PAUSE, TRACK SKIP) USING BT DEVICE !!!

SEEMS LIKE BUG IN LATEST VERSION OF SPOTIFY !!!

DELETING CURRENT VERSION 3.9.0.965 AND INSTALLING >>OLD<< VERSION 3.4.0.762

TRACK CONTROL WORKS !!!

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Post - Here is how to get the old app back

NOW I CAN PAUSE, SKIP TRACK USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SPOTIFY 3.4.0.762, HUAWEI Y550, Powerbeats2 HEADPHONES

View solution in original post

8 Replies

JUST TESTED MYSELF IN SPOTIFY ON IPAD AIR

skip track works !!!! in Spotify on ipad mini

so whats going on ? is this Huawei Y550 bug or Android bug ?

Hi there,

This might be a bug in Spotify for Android, but I might have a workaround. Please try out this application that I found that seems to do what you want:

Headset Control Center

This will allow you to customize what your bluetooth headset does to each individual application. In theory it should be able to force the button to work (there's even a picture of them doing it).

Let me know how that works out!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

monkeychef thanks for the honest try... the app looked fantastic on a paper...

BUT IT DOESNT WORK... an APP that is supposed to do one thing... and it fails at it...

i think the sole existence / need for such an app illustrates the whole ANDROID world... it all looks same as APPLE on paper for 1/10 of price... but it never translates to real world use... when you unpack it and try it for 1 month you find out it just doesnt work as it promissed on the paper... there is so many anoying bugs and design flaws - both in HW and SW...

i think this was the last drop to quiting with ANDROID and never look back - BACK TO IPHONE

it was nice 4 months on Android and YES THE PRICES ARE 1/10 OF APPLE FOR BASICALLY SAME DEVICE... so initially you rave about how you saved money and that APPLE can stick it up their a##

i was almost an ANDROID convert

but actually what good is a cheap Android Phone if you constantly iron out bugs and stupid design flaws

this is Android in a nutshell

initially you pay 1/10 - 1/3 of price and you are over the moon what a fantastic phone you got for the price

but

a)

Android: NOTHING WORKS JUST LIKE IT SHOULD OUT OF THE BOX - IT ALMOST WORKS BUT NOT REALLY

iPhone: everything works out of the box, you think this should work like this and it does exactly that

b)

Andorid: THERE IS A UTILITY OR WORKAROUND APP FOR >>EVERYTHING<< - SADLY THEY USSUALY FIX JUST SOMETHING AND BREAK SOMETHING ELSE, or they just dont work at all !!! Install, Try, Nope Doesnt Work, Delete, Next

iPhone: everything works out of the box, you think this should work like this and it does exactly that

c)

Android: you spend hours and days, patching various silly problems and shortcomings of built in functions with a TON OF 3rd PARTY UTILITIES... and at the end you must run 4 diffferent fixing apps to just be able to use your phone like you know you are supposed to

d)

Android: all those little utilities that your run, occasioanlly dont activate or freeze or you forgot to launch them before the other app they are supposed to fix... they drain your battery because they constantly run as applications in background grabbing Android OS processor time and attention - so you end up with bulky, heavy handed OS with functions that dont work 100%... you become Administrator rather than User...

e)

Android: it all holds together by a straw and occasioanly the screen freezes or it slows to crawl for couple secconds until one day the last drop comes - you might buy the fanciest headphones (POWERBEATS2) only to discover that they just dont work with you Android... WHAT ? WHY ? than you think hmmm there might be a fixing app... and than you stop and say: YOU KNOW WHAT GO TO HELL WITH THE WHOLE ANDROID BULL... I WANT MY ELECTRONICS TO JUST WORK... THROW IT TO BIN AND GO BUY IPHONE AND NEVER EVER LOOK BACK...

this is what iam going to do now...

nice try Google but.... Nope.

just ordered iPod Touch 64GB Space Grey to use for my RUNNING and IN CAR AUDIO

- Spotify works fine with bluetooth phones as it should out of the box (play-pause, skip track)

- 1/2 weight of my Huawei Y550 (88g vs 155g)

- 30% thinner

- 64GB vs 4GB storage

- no suprises, no worries, no tweaking, no troubleshooting on forums for every darn bug - SIMPLY POWERS UP AND WORKS

but the price is 3x of the Huawei Y550 - mind that ipod is a MP3 player compared to full featured phone (137US vs 400US)

WELL NOW AT LEAST I KNOW WHAT I WAS PAYING FOR ALL THAT TIME WITH APPLE... that it actually works !!!

thats why Android is so darn cheap - because its still in beta 🙂 i rather pay more and get on with my life than save money and spend the rest of my life tweaking a darn phone/mp3 player...

sorry for being so pissed, but this was last drop... i had enough of Android for 4 months...

i didnt pay 200 USD for Beats headphones and have to deal with this Android bullcrap and bugfest...

Sorry that the app that I suggested didn't work. While I agree with a few of your points that you listed below I think you might want to keep your mind a bit more open. Remember, you still get what you paid for, so a cheap android device is still going to be a cheap android device. I don't know too much about Huawei as far as their software goes, but it sounds like it was more than likely a bug in their system and you would not get the same experience on other android devices (unless they are cheap, because companies don't really care about their cheap hardware enough to keep the software updated and bug free).

In the future I would look at more reputable brands that people have experience with. Motorola's phones are relatively well priced and they have excellent software, same with One Plus and Oppo. More brands will come to market over time with the same idea; well priced hardware and solid software support.

Enjoy your new iPod Touch though! I'm sure you will be super happy with it!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

well this might sound like trolling but guess what:

so i bought iPod Touch 64gb to replace Huawei Y550 because Huawei didnt skip tracks with Powerbeats2 Bluetooth headphones

BUT I DONT LIKE THE SOUND OF IPOD TOUCH...

one would say that Bluetooth on same headphones must sound same... well it doesnt... the 1 and 0 Powerbeats2 is getting from each player are not the same apparently...

THIS IS ON SAME BT HEADPHONES, SAME VOLUME, EQ DISABLED, SAME SPOTIFY SONGS

iPod - more detailed sound than Huawei especially in mids, you can hear stuff in songs that you didnt notice on Huawei, the stereo field is also much more transparent and open with nice separation of sounds... you "see into the song" more with more details and nuances than on Huawei

UNFORTUNATELLY the iPod sound kinda lacks energy and drive... its more laidback and more analytical... it doesnt make you snap your fingers...

Huawei Y550 - the sound is noticably less detailed and HIFI, the stereo and sound separation is also quite basic compared to the opulent stage presentation of iPod, BUT the sound has much more ENERGY and DRIVE - it has more forward push... also the bass sounds more tight and pumping, its instantly makes you snap fingers and nod your head to rhythm - and push those running feet a little bit more over your fatigue...

UNFORTUNATELLY this is the most important thing when RUNNING - the sound must push you, it must be energetic and driving, its almost like your feet are connected and powered with the rhythm section of the song... you get that on HUAWEI, its absolutelly missing on the iPod Touch... same spotify songs, same volume, no EQ...

now what do i do now... this is getting really ridiculous...

i would return the iPod Touch and keep the HUAWEI Y550 just as an MP3 player (without SIM card) because RUNNING IS SIMPLY JOY WITH HUAWEI / POWERBEATS2 combo...

so that puts me back to square ONE... how to make Huawei Y550 skip tracks with Powerbeats2...

please help... this is really ridiculous conundrum

Marked as solution

I FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH NO TRACK CONTROL (PAUSE, TRACK SKIP) USING BT DEVICE !!!

SEEMS LIKE BUG IN LATEST VERSION OF SPOTIFY !!!

DELETING CURRENT VERSION 3.9.0.965 AND INSTALLING >>OLD<< VERSION 3.4.0.762

TRACK CONTROL WORKS !!!

FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS HERE: Post - Here is how to get the old app back

NOW I CAN PAUSE, SKIP TRACK USING BT HEADPHONES !!!

SPOTIFY 3.4.0.762, HUAWEI Y550, Powerbeats2 HEADPHONES

Thank you I finally know how to skip a song with a remote on the headphones

Suggested posts