Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Feature Request] Make skipping to previous track more accessible

[Feature Request] Make skipping to previous track more accessible

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

Operating System

MIUI 12

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone,

would it be possible to add an accessibility setting that allows to change the apps behavior in terms of skipping to the previous track more easily?

As of right now you have to press the skip-back button once to skip to the beginning of the track that's currently playing and then, within the first 1 or 2 seconds or so, you have to press the skip back button again to actually get to the previous track.

This can be kind of difficult to do or even understand for some people, especially some of the elderly.

Therefore I would like to kindly ask for some sort of toggle switch in the settings that allows the user to change between:

Normal - Pressing the skip-back button within a track skips to the beginning of the track that's currently playing, pressing it again will skip to the previous track.

Easy - Pressing the skip-back button within a track skips to the beginning of the previous track immediately.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,

Max

1 Reply

Hi there @Max159,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for your feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features.

If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts