Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Galaxy s8+ spotify pause randomly

Galaxy s8+ spotify pause randomly

Hello i use my new Galaxy S8+ and i got an issue during the listening. Spotify just pause the song randomly I have to skip or restart the song to continue my listening.

I have put spotify app in the battery saving exclusion like I read in other post but it s do nothing.

Someone have an other idea to solve this issue ??
11 Replies

Does the music pause when the screen locks or at other times?

Does it happen when you play downloaded music as well as when you are streaming? Are you using any of the power saving modes?

If you go to device maintenance>battery, is spotify listed under "unmonitored apps" at the bottom?

Not tested with downloaded music, but I will.
Power saving mode to optimized.
I already put spotify in unmonitired apps.

Tested with downloaded music and I don't have problems.

I try in Wi-Fi and LTE and on both I have this issue.

When music stop it s always after 3 sec of new song.

The three power saving options I see are "off", "mid" and "max". Both of the power saving modes turn off background data transfer (it tells you this when you select them) which means that spotify will only be able to stream when it is in the foreground. Turn off power saving altogether and spotify should stream music when the screen is locked.

Good morning Joe

This feature is already at off.
Screenshot_20170530-095952.png

Bon jour @SimonDion. If it only pauses when streaming, over wifi, check that th option "Keep wifi on during sleep" is set to "always".

This setting was already set
Screenshot_20170530-125414.png

Addionnal information

It s happen onlt when i had my bluetooth sennheizer headset or my Samsung Bleutooth speaker linked to my phone

If it only happens when listening over bluetooth, it could be that your mobile is dropping the BT connection - a bug reported by many S8 and S8+ users. Samsung were releasing an update to fix this, as reported here.

Yes i Experiment with BT device connected. But i am not sure it's juste samsung issue. 

I had experiment now with the Win10 Apps too. it's really hard to diagnose. Maybe It's my Sennheizer Headset. 

Recap:

I had the issue with my Galaxy S8+ and with my PC  when i get connected to my sennheizer headset or my BT car radio or Samsung BT speaker. 

Where is the bug ? Phone, Pc, Bt Devices or Apps? 

I have the samw issue on my S8 the songs will randomly  pause or skip once I lock my phone,  and I use analog headphones.

Suggested posts