Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Getting "DJ Is Not Available In Your Country" when I try to start it on Wifi. In US.

Getting "DJ Is Not Available In Your Country" when I try to start it on Wifi. In US.

I have Premium and am on a Galaxy S21. I've only had this issue in the past week. If I am on Wifi, it gives me that above error. So in order to start it, I need to disconnect from wifi, restart the app, then it will usually start. This only happens on my phone, on my PC there is no error.

12 Replies

Hi @1229636805!

Are you using VPN? If so, it might be interfering with Spotify, since the DJ feature is not available globally yet.

In general, the app works best without VPN, so I'd recommend keeping it off while using Spotify.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue but I'm on a s23+ I don't use a vpn

Hi there @alex1117,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

Are you experiencing the exact same behavior explained by the OP? Does the DJ work after restarting the app? And is this happening only on the app on a computer?

On another note, we'd recommend making sure your app is up-to-date, and performing a clean reinstall with these steps. No worries, you won't lose any content.

Lastly, would you mind sending us a video recording of this behavior? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Same here - S22+. Works on Cellular but not wi-fi. I have premium and use it fine on laptop on same wi-fi network. Seems to be an issue with the Android app only - app is latest app (checked for updates)

The app is up to date. It only happens on my phone. The easiest way I've gotten to get it to work is that if I play a podcast beforehand, it usually won't give me the error.

Hey folks,

Thank you for joining the conversation. 

Would you mind confirming if you've performed the clean reinstall process suggested by @Susan_GP? If so and the issue persists, could you reboot your router to see if it makes any difference?

Also, and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Yes I reinstalled. It also does this if I am on mobile data OR wifi. https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lzwY4z0anG35OUz5Rea5ZkUFT4uZ9Ky/view?usp=sharing

Hey @1229636805,

Thanks for the video!
We've forwarded the info backstage and this is being looked into 🙂
We'll let you know as soon as there's an update.

Keep your app up to date in the meantime. Cheers!

VasilModerator

I live In Canada. If I click on the dj icon it says dj is not available in my region yet.

Hey folks!

Thank you for your messages and all the shared info.

In order to continue investigating this issue further with the relevant team, @alex1117 and @bakadesu, would you mind including the exact OS version of your devices, along with the Spotify version you're currently running? 

@1229636805, since you've sent some of the info already, include just the Spotify version in your next response. 

We appreciate your cooperation.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

DJ isn't showing to me neither in Android, PC or Web, I tried to enter with a direct link to the playlist but it says that it isn't in my country yet when it actually is, I'm premium (family premium) and I have tried everything that could solve it but it isn't working

I am also getting the same issue. I am an andriod user and I live in the USA, but it keeps telling me that it is unavailable in my country when I just used it yesterday on my computer. I also dont use a VPN

Suggested posts