Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Jams - glitching when others edit the queue

Jams - glitching when others edit the queue

I am experimenting with the "Jam" feature. I love it - but whenever anyone touches the queue, the song playing glitches for a microsecond. It happens when people add songs from their phones. Really annoying. If it's an active jam its unlistenable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

51 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 13

Operating System

iOS 17.0.2

My Question or Issue

I’m liking the concept of the new jam feature, but there’s one issue that messes with me and my friends every single time we listen on our own phones in a remote session. When something is added to the queue or someone’s phone reconnects or anything that would cause it to go out of sync, everyone’s track restarts back to 0:00 except for the host of the Jam. I’ve had times where I was hosting a jam and added a song to a queue, and everyone would get onto each other about who restarted the song. I didn’t know because it didn’t restart on my phone. We can play on one Bluetooth speaker and use group queuing just fine but when it comes to listening individually, we can’t ever get it to work right. This has happened to all of my buddies who want to start jams on their own so I know it’s not just me. 

Hi there @PlatinumMillz,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

You mentioned that you have an iPhone, but what devices do your friends have? Are you all using iOS devices? If possible, have someone join or host a Jam from an Android device to see if the issue would still occur. Also, make sure everyone is running the latest version of Spotify.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 14 Pro

Operating System: iOS 17.0.3

Description of the Issue:

I recently used Spotify Jam with a friend who has the same device and software specifications as mine. We encountered the following issues during our session:

1. Editing the Queue: Whenever I add, remove, or edit a song in the shared queue, playback on my device restarts the song from the beginning, but it remains unchanged on my friend's device (He is using an IPhone 14 Pro, IOS 17.0.3 (latest version of Spotify) too).

2. Timestamp Jump: If I skip to a different timestamp within a song, the change reflects on my friend's device but not on mine.

3. End of Song Behavior: If a song finishes playing on either of our devices, both devices are prompted to skip to the next track, regardless of where we individually were in the song.

Conclusion/Summary:

• Songs restart only on my device when making changes to the shared queue.
  • Both devices skip to the next track if the song concludes on either one.
  • Timestamp changes don't reflect on my device but do affect my friend's playback.

I'm genuinely surprised to experience such bugs in a released feature. I'm reporting this because I'm genuinely enthusiastic about Spotify Jam, but it's currently challenging to enjoy with these issues present.

I am experiencing a similar issue with "Spotify Jam". In addition to that, I've encountered two more problems. I've opened a ticket to address this concern: Spotify Jam restarts my song each time I modify the playlist.

Hey @robert-kratz,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We've gone ahead and merged your other post here to avoid any future confusion. Remember, as per our guidelines, it's better not to create multiple posts about the same issue.

We really appreciate all the details you kindly sent us, so we'd like to gather some additional info about the behavior you noticed. Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you and your friend are running?

On another note, would you mind trying what @Yordan suggest above? If possible, you can ask for the android device of a relative or a friend to open your account there and check if you can replicate this.

Lastly, if possible, you can also send us a video recording of what's happening on your side. You can attach the videos (the one from your side and another one from your friend) in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google Drive and make them public, so we can visualize them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have tried mixed devices- ios and android. Still happens. 

Great idea, but this makes it unusable. 

I'm having the same problem. I'm doing a Jam with one other person, we both have Androids and the most up to date version of the Spotify app. If I host, I don't have any glitching, if she hosts, she doesn't have any glitching. But if you're not hosting (or starting) the jam, you get constant glitching, especially when someone is editing the queue in any way. I found that having my Crossfade on made it worse, so I turned that off. I tried restarting my app and uninstalling and reinstalling. It still glitches if you join a jam. Sounds like a skipping CD

Also, forgot to mention, this is a remote jam, we are in different places using different Bluetooth connections. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out!
Could you please do one complete clean reinstall of the app as shown here?

If the issue persists afterwards, we'd like you to share with us the following details:

1. The device models of both you and your Jam buddy
  2. The OS versions installed on the devices
  3. Your current Spotify app versions

Also, if you're using any VPN services, I'd recommend switching them off or excluding Spotify to see if that would make a difference.
Many thanks!

@oldmadandthesea @chroni 

VasilModerator

the same also happened for us. Both for iPad + Android mix, as well as Android + Android mix.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your messages. 

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, remember to include in your next response the following info:

- Your device info (make/model) and OS version

- Exact Spotify version

Also, and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We appreciate your cooperation. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Latest spotify version

A pc and alexa

when i am streaming music to my alexa, i can add stuff to the queue through my pc, but when i do it also resets my song.

Hey @tygo49,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please provide the exact models of the devices along with the exact OS version and Spotify version?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

It doesn’t discriminate. It hates all the above

My wife and I run into this problem as well, one of our devices seems to always get stuck in a loop where we start the next song and one of our devices will just keep restarting after 10-20 seconds and keep looping

Both running Android 14, both on pixel 8 pro

Hey everyone,

The right folks are aware of this issue and are working on improving the experience. Thanks for your help!

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

Cheers 🙂

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

This is incredibly disappointing and disturbing. I just got Premium for the first time ever especially for doing Jam with a friend and I am floored that this issue is completely ruining our experience that we've been looking forward to. It just makes me want to cry.

Even though my friend and I both got iphone and the same version of Spotify, a similar jam bug, restarting a current song when anyone adds new songs in the queue, appeared to us.

The funny thing to us is that the bug didn't occur to the host, just to the participants. We don't know how to deal with this bug, so we just decided to add all of our songs before the queue starts.

Happening to me as well! So disappointing. We’re both iPhone users and even share a duo account. So strange! 

Suggested posts