Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Keep getting logged out in paired car

Keep getting logged out in paired car

I have paired the Spotify app in my volvo ex30 to My account but I keep getting logged out randomly? Could be a set time. This is extremely annoying as would have to stop the car to re-pair with my account. Why won't it stay logged in like the main app does?

Plan

Free

Country

Uk

Device

Android automotive built in Volvo EX30.

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hey @Musicnude,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community.

We haven't heard similar reports so can you please try some basic troubleshooting like reinstalling the app and checking if the same happens with a different account? 

Also, try and see if there's any pattern to this behavior as this will help our tech team to reproduce it on their end.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for reply. I will try reinstalling the app, but a number of other owners are also reporting the same issue. It does also happen in my partners account o  the car too.

I have the same issue with my Volvo EX-30, extremely annoying

Hi folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread.

First up, did you notice any change after reinstalling the app? Additionally, make sure everything is up-to-date. 

If the issue persists, we'd like to get more info on this, in case we need to report it:

• Have you always had this issue or did it start happening recently?
  • What Android Automotive version do you have installed?
  • Have you tried contacting Volvo Support to check if they have any info or recommendations on this?
  • How ofter does the app log you out?

Lastly, if you know of any other Volvo users experiencing this behavior, you can ask them to report it on this thread. The more reports we have, the better.

We'll be on the lookout!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Thanks for the reply.

I have always had the issue since June when I received the car. 
Logout is sporadic and can take a week or two to occur or more frequently. I will have to wait sometime to report back on the result.
I have seen a post where other EX30 owner has already uninstalled and it not resolved the issue.
Volvo Support are overloaded with their own software bugs currently!
I will try to find out the Android version.

I have the same issue. I tried removing Spotify and installing the app again. Keeps happening. I tried to clear the cache. Still happening. Very annoying as the car needs to be in P to be able to log in again.

Same issue here on my EX30. Got the car a few days ago, it has the 1.4 software installed. I've reinstalled Spotify and the issue persists.

I can't really pin point when it happens, seems random. Could be that when it has poor internet it logs you out instead of just retrying later?

This bug is making it almost impossible to actually use Spotify in the car since I can't be expected to spend at least a minute almost every time I get in the car to log back in. Please fix this.

This is the same for me EX30 so annoying. Also have a Tesla model Y. Never happens in the Tesla.

Hi folks,

Thanks for all the info!

We've reported this to our tech folks, so that they can have a closer look. We'll let you know as soon as we have an update!

Take care.

DessiModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts