Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Library is empty, can't listen to music

Library is empty, can't listen to music

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Huawei Honor 9

Operating System

Honor EMUI 9.1.0, Android 9

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

Hello, over the last day or so, my library on my mobile spotify app has gone completely empty & all my playlists are gone on the mobile app, however not in the web-player, or the pc app.

I am also unable to listen to songs or podcasts at all, they simply wont start playing and they stay at 0:00

I am also unable to play songs on my phone through my pc.

Also, new playlists I make wont show up in my library on my phone.

My profile picture is also gone on the mobile app.

As I mentioned earlier, I am able to listen to songs on the pc app & the web player, just not on the mobile app.

I've tried reinstalling, clearing the cache, and I've even made sure that spotify is able to use my facebook information, both on the privacy page on the spotify web page, and on facebook.

On both, It was enabled, however I decided to re-enable it, incase it was bugged for whatever reason.

I'm wondering if I simply have to wait for the app to fix itself, since this problem arose by itself without me changing any settings, or If I can do something to listen to music again

I've included pictures to show that on my pc all my playlists are in my library, yet on my phone it's completely empty, and my profile picture is missing

I've been using spotify since 2012, and been a premium member since 2014, and this is the first time i've ever had any problems, so I'm quite baffled

Screenshot_20210909_234448_com.spotify.music.jpg
392ff422162c69583dee158b8ffec4b1.png
1 Reply

Hey @kasparrr,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind sharing a link to your profile directly from the mobile app? Just in case, you'll find it in Settings > Click on User - /Display name on top > three-dot menu > Share > Copy Link and paste in your reply here. 

It'd be great if you'd also do the same on Desktop, with these steps: Click on your name on top right > Profile > Right click on name and copy and paste the link. Adding a screenshot of both (what you see on Mobile and Desktop) would be great.

This will help us understand whether it's a multiple-accounts case. Keep us posted and let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts