Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Local Files In Playlists Randomly Greying Out

Local Files In Playlists Randomly Greying Out

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9, One UI 1

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

On my phone, some of the local files in my playlist seem to randomly turn gray, you can still select/play the track normally, it's just when in shuffle/queue mode it skips to an available song. A temporary "fix" I  found is to turn off and turn on Local files while reopening the app each time, but after awhile 3 or 4 of my files in the playlist will be greyed out. All of my Local files are stored on my phone so I'm wondering what I can do without using the Desktop app?

(I've looked this up before and tried the suggested answers but most are about the Desktop version so some of the options aren't available for me)

2 Replies

Hey @Celesticoot,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We can see that you're currently rocking with Android 9 on your device. Seems that other users with that version of Android have similar issues with local files and so we've created a special thread about it here.  We suggest that you head over there and share your feedback as well as leave a +VOTE to help in the ongoing investigation. Be sure to subscribe to the thread for any updates regarding this situation.

We hope this clears things up. Take care!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the response! Gave it my vote.

Suggested posts